Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard does Rigo hit in comparison to Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
    We all know Nonito has monsterous power, and has the ability to knock Rigo out with any given clean punch.

If Rigo catches Donaire clean could he KO him brutally?

Seeing Marroquin wobble him has me extremely worried, Nonito has one of the best left hooks in the game and could end Rigo's night if he catches him.

I'm just looking at Rigo's head....it's tiny. Not much for Donaire to aim at.

Comment

Rigo technical fortitude is superior to Donaire.. He will make Donaire outbalance which will take away his power. Rigo have became better and he now telegraph punches to measure distance which can also open his opponent up for an unseen punch. His power is extraordinary because he is always balanced and in position.. Donaire I see losing.

Comment

I wouldn't say he hit as hard but I will say Rigondeaux is the crisper puncher and he does have very good power.

Always in perfect position, no wasted motion & scarily accurate.

I think he has the power to stop/drop just about anybody south of 126. I don't care who you are or how many sit ups, crunches or whatever you wanna do, you ain't taking many of those bodyshots.

Comment

Same as nishioka maybe a little better

Comment

Originally posted by SUPREME. View Post
            We all know Nonito has monsterous power, and has the ability to knock Rigo out with any given clean punch.

If Rigo catches Donaire clean could he KO him brutally?

Seeing Marroquin wobble him has me extremely worried, Nonito has one of the best left hooks in the game and could end Rigo's night if he catches him.
            This is boxing, any fighter can get knocked out if they get hit by the right punch at the right time. Is Rigo likely to do it to Nonito? I doubt it. He has very good power but he's not a one-punch knock out artist.

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            Rigo has the kind of power that can easily stun with a shot to the head, allowing Guille to pounce on his opponent and finish him off.
            But when he's pouncing he telegraphs his punches and leaves himself wide open to get countered. So hurting Nonito and going for the kill could actually be his downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Nono has a good chin, but Rigo's one of those guys that has a rare combination of power, precision and timing, that makes him seem even more heavy-handed than he really is. Guille can definitely put Donaire down, if not out.

This is a good fight, boys. Mark my words!
              yah i can see either guy hitting the canvas in this fight, but who will stay down is the real question...

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                But when he's pouncing he telegraphs his punches and leaves himself wide open to get countered. So hurting Nonito and going for the kill could actually be his downfall.
                You're right, Rigo loads up quite a bit when he comes in for the kill. It could come back to bite him, but I think he knows when he has someone hurt enough to open up. Whatever the case, I don't envision Guillermo winning this fight in such a way. If he wins, I think the likelihood is something like 80% by decision, 20% by body shot.
                Last edited by CubanGuyNYC; 03-18-2013, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Both are big punchers for their weight, the thing is Donaire is the bigger man. I think Rigo will not be even looking for the KO unless he hurts Donaire. He's going to be very careful with Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                    yah i can see either guy hitting the canvas in this fight, but who will stay down is the real question...
                    There might be a couple of knockdowns in this fight, but I think it'll go to the cards. At least, I certainly hope so. If it does, Rigondeaux might very well come out the winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      Both are big punchers for their weight, the thing is Donaire is the bigger man. I think Rigo will not be even looking for the KO unless he hurts Donaire. He's going to be very careful with Donaire.
                      Definitely agree. Rigo will probably fight like a good hitter in baseball approaches an at-bat. He comes to the plate looking to hit the ball well, if it manages to go over the fence for a home run, all the better.

Guille is more than capable of winning this fight on points. I think he's going to be cautious, but (hopefully, at least) not boringly so. The Rigo body shot is the wild card. If he stops Donaire, it'll almost certainly be this way. He'll be looking for it all night, if only to soften Nonito up. Who knows? He might hit the ball out of the park.

Comment

Working...
                      X