Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How hard does Rigo hit in comparison to Donaire?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *ANGRY CUBAN* View Post
    Rigo have even higher KO ratio..of course he can knock him cold..and if somebody want to say that the higher KO ratio of Rigo os because Donaire fought better opponent I can list 20 donaire KOs of ppl with negative record..Rigo never got the chance to fight ppl like that..
    Who were that 20 with negative record? Do you have to lie to yourself to be confident of Rigo's chances?

Donaire were fighting PROs while Rigo's feasting on amateurs! You saw How I bravely go against the Grain with the Provodnikov Predictions. And my Prediction was the closest to what actually has happened! And what I'm telling you?? Rigo will be Koed!

Comment

Originally posted by prinzemanspopa View Post
      A well-placed, well-timed shot can take any fighter out.
      Exactly what he said but I think Donaire has the type of power that he doesn't always need to land the perfect shot. I think it also depends on the opponents ability to take a punch.

If Rigo lands the perfect shot, Donaire goes down and vice-versa.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
        Who were that 20 with negative record? Do you have to lie to yourself to be confident of Rigo's chances?

Donaire were fighting PROs while Rigo's feasting on amateurs! You saw How I bravely go against the Grain with the Provodnikov Predictions. And my Prediction was the closest to what actually has happened! And what I'm telling you?? Rigo will be Koed!
        Rigo fought amateurs. That's funny.

Comment

hard enough

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
            Rigo fought amateurs. That's funny.
            Then just name the 20 opponents of Donaire who has loosing records?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Brutally KO him with one shot? I don't believe so.

He certainly has the power to drop him and hurt him though. In fact, I have Donaire touching down in this fight from a Rigo straight.
              Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              If Donaire gets put down, I think it'll be from a body shot.
              Rigo has the kind of power that can easily stun with a shot to the head, allowing Guille to pounce on his opponent and finish him off. Outside of a shot to the body, Rigondeaux isn't likely to KO a quality opponent with one punch. "El Chacal" has very respectable power, although not on Donaire's level. How many guys between 118 and 122 do?

Comment

I didn't make that claim and you and I both know that Rigo didn't fight any amateurs. Rigo does however have wins equal to the # of Donaire opponents with loosing records.

Many people say that Rigo isn't worthy of fighting Donaire and is basically a glorified amateur. Fine. But to be an inexperienced pro-fighter with a title and has dominated his opponents the way he has. In 10 fights. Come on now. He deserves a considerable amount of credit.

I wonder why Donaire wasn't rushed to fight for a world title in his 10th fight. Even if it was against amateurs.

Comment

Rigo will be reluctant to throw that because He will countered by Donaire to the Head! He try that then the fight end early!
                  I don't know who's going to win this fight -- it's a toss-up -- but I seriously doubt Guillermo will fight as scared as you think he will. I know you lost your recent bet on Bradley-Provodnikov, Oracle. Do you have any points left? I'll bet you everything you've got that Donaire does not KO Rigondeaux.

Comment

To answer the OP's question directly, I'd say Donaire is a clear 10 in the power department. I'd say Rigo is easily an 8.

Comment

Donaire has fought 8 fighters with losing records. As you might imagine, most of them were early in his career. One guy was making his pro debut and another, Oscar Andrade, had a 35-27-1 record. We can safely say that, of Nonito's 31 wins, ten are throwaways. Not to discredit Donaire -- he's fought nothing but quality opposition for the last 5 1/2 years -- I'm just stating facts.
                      Rigondeaux has never fought a boxer with a losing record, although three of his first four bouts were against relatively inexperienced fighters.

(Source: Boxrec, of course.)

Comment

Working...
                      X