Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Trinidad had conquered today's 147-154 Divisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he loses to Pacquiao and Mayweather at 147. Also, to this day I still question his hand wraps.

Pac's chin may now be questionable, but at his 147 best it was more than solid and his speed and movement would provide real problems. I also think Mayweather would outbox him comfortably.

Lara, Trout, Canelo....a bit more time needed before judgements can be fully made.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Titowould have the most problems with Angulo, Kirkland & maybe Thurman. Everyone else recieves the business.
      Those would be Tito's easiest fights. Angulo and Kirkland are not winning wars against Tito. Thurman is untested and shouldn't even be in the conversation yet.

Lateral movement troubled Tito. Younger Floyd beats him for sure. Prime Pac, DLH version beats him too i think. Current version of these fighters i think Tito beats them all. Trout gives him most trouble based on size and movement.

Comment

Only if he fights in NY where he could get away with wrapping his hands illegally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
          Only if he fights in NY where he could get away with wrapping his hands illegally.
          You beat me too it!

Comment

I hate to beat up Canelo but the Trinidad I remember was an all time great at both 147 an 154. He was never quite as good after the Hopkins fight. I thought he edged a close one in the De La Hoya fight but many think Oscar won. Trinidad was weight drained for that fight having long outgrown 147 and only staying there to get the big fight with Oscar. Nobody could beat him at 154.He held the welterweight title for a record long time of over 6 years and 15 successful title defenses including 12 KOs. I voted he would beat all of the guys on your list.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Titowould have the most problems with Angulo, Kirkland & maybe Thurman. Everyone else recieves the business.
              dumbest post ive ever read... he steamrolls all those guys. none of them have defense... kirkland? really? if tito breathes on kirkland the guy will be knocked unconscious.

He has problems with anybody but those 3 guys.

Lara & trout make him look stupid imo.

Comment

malignaggi, bradley, and alexander would be too much for him

Comment

Originally posted by Lenin Castillo View Post
                  It's actually quite entertaining imagining a Tito in there against Cotto instead of Austin Trout..Cotto would probably have died.

Comment

Only Floyd and Pac could have beat him, but even that is debatable. Trinidad was very good at those weights.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      malignaggi, bradley, and alexander would be too much for him
                      Im surprised may gay hasn't tried to fight mallignaggi yet. Seems like that fight would be right up his alley....

Comment

Working...
                      X