No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Provodnikov: I Clearly Won, I Didn't Feel His Punches

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Public_Enemy View Post
    Bradley definitely won the fight. I just hate the way he chose to do it. And he hurt Ruslan with a body shot by the way.
    I think this fight earned Bradley more fans. He has been called boring. He should have no problems getting fights anymore..

Comment

Ignorant posters :

Originally posted by Escobedo View Post
      He didn't feel his punches that is why his eyes were almost swollen shut.
      Originally posted by _original_ View Post
      You didn't feel his punches, yet the guy reconstructed your face and had you looking like a bloody Sloth from the Goonies.
      Knowledgeable posters :

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      Posters on here clearly have never been in the ring. I used to hate wearing head gear in sparring, after going for 5+ rounds, you get a lot of punches that graze you. You don't feel any impact, and it makes your skin swell from the friction. Even if you have Vaseline on your face it still happens.
      Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      Why are people saying he must of felt the punches because his face was swollen up? If you get hit in the face repeatedly with a pillow your face will start to swell doesn't mean you are hurt in anyway.
      Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Maybe you've never actually boxed? It doesn't take much power, it just takes repeated shots. With those gloves, your face will swell up, even with pitty pat punches. Power has nothing to do with it.

Comment

you can make a case for ruslan winning by 1 point...

big respect to ruslan the underdog who had EVERYTHING going against him and almost KO'ed the paper champ. you've made me a fan..

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
          Why are people saying he must of felt the punches because his face was swollen up? If you get hit in the face repeatedly with a pillow your face will start to swell doesn't mean you are hurt in anyway.

Bradley can't punch for **** and looked terrible against a somewhat unknown.
          people also don't seem to understand that some guys swell and cut easily than others....only time where provodnikov looked hurt at all was from a body shot other than that it was provodnikov doing all the hurting.

i remember one instance where bradley landed a bunch of clean punches on provodnikov and provodnikov just backed off and smiled lol...

Comment

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
            He wasnt getting backed up by his shots except for one nasty body shot. Doesnt mean he wont be feeling them tomorrow when his face is even more blown up.

I thought he did just enough to get a draw, if you dont score those first rounds 10-8 btw.
            I thought the second round should of been scored a 10-8 but I'm not going to cry about it. The fight was good but I don't know why Ruslan didn't try harder for the kill. Those middle rounds cost him the fight and if he didn't feel the shots then he should have threw more punches to finish Bradley off. I think Ruslan shot his load in rounds 1-2 and didn't have anything left similar to Alfredo Angulo when he threw entire kitchen sink at James Kirkland.

Anybody want to Provoknikov vs Lucky Boy. That's a FOTY candidate that would deserve the services of Steve Smoger. Let's do it whose with the winner gets the Rios/Alvarado loser.

Comment

Originally posted by theboxingguru View Post
              I think this fight earned Bradley more fans. He has been called boring. He should have no problems getting fights anymore..
              Well it's not like TR has the golden boy line up at welterweight but I think Thurman is the #1 or 2 ranked fighter for Bradley's WBO so eventually there will have to be a purse bid since the companies won't work together.

Comment

"not feeling his punches" =/= winning the fight.

Comment

He wasn't feeling anything, but he was clearly getting hit a ton. We already know Bradley isn't a puncher. I do think he was feeling some of those body shots though.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Tim showed a ton of heart tonight but i'm not so sure he won that fight. I've seen folks justifying his win based on a 7 to 5 rounds he supposed won. I think that waved off knockdown was the difference in this fight personally but either way these guys need to rematch and i'd happily pay $60 for it..hell never thought i'd say that about a bradley fight. Ruslan earned a fan tonight too..damn that dude has potential..had he thrown more uppercuts when tim was using his head for separation he would've ended that fight on a number of occasions.
                    Well said, a rematch may not be as exciting because Tim would look to box the entire fight and not mix it up in like he did in the first 2 rounds.

What's interesting is that Ruslan showed that he is a real welterweight with power and Bradley is clearly not the same fighter at welterweight as he was as 140. He's only 5'5 1/2

Comment

Originally posted by theboxingguru View Post
                      Well it's not like TR has the golden boy line up at welterweight but I think Thurman is the #1 or 2 ranked fighter for Bradley's WBO so eventually there will have to be a purse bid since the companies won't work together.

Comment

Working...
                      X