Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did this fight hurt or help bradleys career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did this fight hurt or help bradleys career?

Thats my question. Bradley has had a lot of people question his status as a pound for pound fighter. This back to many believing he ducked Khan (although we all do know the promotional aspect of why it didnt happen). Khan was even vocal about punking him out. Then he has a rough fight with an old Casamayor, a gift decision against manny and now the fight tonight. Bradley showed courage, heart, chin, and the ability to put on a great show. He also went life and death with a low ranked fighter. What do you believe this fight did for bradley?

He's reputation might go down a bit but on the otherhand this fight was so exciting people will probably want to see him again and soon.

I guess the bigger question is what kind of physical damage did he suffer. If he did have a concussion and if he's smart he should take some time off. At leat 5-6 months or so to be safe and that inactivity can't be helpful.

Comment

I think Ruslan benefited more from the fight than Bradley did. Bradley should of taken that Peterson fight instead of Ruslan.

Ruslan reminded me of a smaller version of Drago from Rocky lol

Comment

What could have hurt him worse than that Pacquiao fight though?

I think it helped, anytime you're in a fan friendly FOTY fight, it can only mean good things. Looking at it from a P4P perspective, I would say it did hurt his standing.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          I guess the bigger question is what kind of physical damage did he suffer.
          That's the question. Only time will tell.

Comment

It was a very good fight where both guys fought very well, I can not see why it wouldn't of increased both their stocks.

Comment

It hurt his career, he took a beating against a low-ranked opponent in a fight nobody watched.

It's the opposite of what he should be doing i.e. giving out beatings against high-ranked opponents in fights everybody watches.

Comment

Originally posted by Shogunofharlem1 View Post
                Thats my question. Bradley has had a lot of people question his status as a pound for pound fighter. This back to many believing he ducked Khan (although we all do know the promotional aspect of why it didnt happen). Khan was even vocal about punking him out. Then he has a rough fight with an old Casamayor, a gift decision against manny and now the fight tonight. Bradley showed courage, heart, chin, and the ability to put on a great show. He also went life and death with a low ranked fighter. What do you believe this fight did for bradley?
                I think that low ranked fighter is better than we knew and Bradley has more deep down than we knew also. It won't hurt Bradley at all. If anything, it raises the stock of both fighters.

Comment

It didn't hurt but it didn't help either as far as being considered a dominant, skilled fighter goes. Probably should defend his belt against some more mediocre fighters.

OR he should take the risk and jump in against someone most knee-jerk hysterics think he will lose against. JMM - a 40 year old (possibly on PED) blown up but great fighter, who just KO'd Manny will certainly be favored.

If he can put on a boxing clinic (which I think he can similar to what Floyd did but no quite as dominant), he will be right back in the mix. Most Boxing "fans" are just reactionaries and ******s with short attentions spans. If he beats JMM, NSB will be full of threads, mixed with half of them saying that JMM is over the hill, and the other half praising Bradley; which is a lot better then where he is right now.

Comment

Rough night with Casamayor?

Comment

Working...
                    X