No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Nearly Stopped, Sucks It Up To Win a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newyorican_papi View Post
    I feel bad for this guy. As good as he is and as much as he's trying to be great. He will never make PPV #'s.
    Who cares if he ever becomes a PPV fighter??? Do you get a percentage if he does??? Just be a boxing fan and enjoy the fight and this great champion.

Comment

• I just watched the fight

Bradley won it and for once I agree with the HBO card....with that said, Bradley fought the wrong fight IMO...the only person who made any sense was Diaz...he got in Timmy's face and told him the right things to do IMO

Roach is shot...his man almost had Timmy down and out in 3 different rounds but he threatened to stop the fight smh

Pat Russell has a nice resume when it comes to ****ing up...he's the idiot who ruled Dawson's ufc takedown against B.Hop as TKO win...he also pulled the plug on Rios-Alvarado...pre-mature stoppage IMO...last night he should've gave Bradley a count in the first round

Roy had a bad night on the mic...that was weird...not used to Roy having bad nights on the mic lol

Mike Jones would look good against both dudes IMO...don't think either fighter will ever be the same after last night though...they turned it up for real!!!

Comment

• Bradley won the fight, it was the right decision for once.... Though I am still waiting for my money back for the Manny fight Lol

Comment

• due to youtube cutting out I missed 3 midrounds, but of what I did see I had it either even or decision split for Ruslan. Two KDs cant be ignored, even if Bradley was the more accurate puncher.

Not sure why Bradley was dumb enough to fight a Russian on the Russian "St Patrick's Day" (their "Spring Day"). Ruslan was likely to raise his game for that day, in the same way the Irish usually play out their skins in sports around that weekend.

Anyway even if I did miss three rounds, I cant see how this can be UD for Bradley unless Ruslan got KDed in the bit I missed. I am kinda tired of Bradley's loss v Pacman getting overturned into a win, I hope this wasn't the case this time because it just gives me more reason to dislike him. I mean, I only watched this after I heard he got floored. The guy just isn't working on the PR front.

Great fight though, I am glad that my desire to see Tim get some comeuppance for his previous cheat made me catch up with the match.
          Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-17-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Great fight but agreed with kellerman on scoring the 2nd round a 10-8 (and the 1st was a KD, provodnikov lands a hook and bradley is dazed and goes down 2 sec later) bradley was completely out on his feet and seriously hurt.

Comment

• No matter how skilled you are, in a 12 round fight you are bound to get caught at some point (even if your defense is Mayweather solid). Depending on how much dynamite the other guys is packing, and how sturdy your chin is, it can be a tough nite. Look at it this way, even though bradley WON THE FIGHT people are questioning his pound for pound status and ragging on him. Listen people, don't follow rankings and boxing website opinions! Go to youtube and do your own research on boxers! If you had did that, then you would have known Provo really beat Herrera (and shouldve been undefeated entering last nights fight) and that last night's fight was going to be competitive being that Tim is only one fight removed from being a 140 and he doesn't have heavy hands so in terms of fire power Provo had the advantage coming in. This is why Floyd didn't want to fight Pac 3 years ago. Sure he could out box PAC, but in 12 rounds he would get caught and EVEN IN VICTORY his legacy would be tainted because for once he couldn't make a fight look EZ.
              Last edited by hhwff3000; 03-17-2013, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• If Provodnikov ****** the body a little more along with those punches he was throwing Bradley would've been on a stretcher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  I'll pass on a rematch, it was a great fight but there is no sense in letting these guys beat each other to death They both left a lot in the ring tonight and the challenger lost I would rather we see them both go about there ways Ruslan vs Maidana would be good...
                  Not me. I'd love to see it, and I hope it gets made. That match was pure boxing entertainment.

Originally posted by typeone View Post
                  Bradley won the fight, it was the right decision for once.... Though I am still waiting for my money back for the Manny fight Lol
                  Yes. I had Bradley winning by a point (with a KD being given for Ruslan). That said, I think Ruslan would have won the fight had it been an old school 15 rounder.

Comment

• Originally posted by PEBBLES! View Post
                    correct.

Bradley could have danced for 12 rounds and won a wide UD, easy work. rounds 7-10 were exactly how he should have fought this guy.
                    instead, he chose to fight this guy's fight frequently in order to entertain, to make the 'statement' he was talking about pre-fight, and put himself in the shop window as an attractive proposition for a big fight with a Pacquiao, Marquez or a Rios. and that transformed what should have been a routine night into an incredibly risky night for him, ultimately.

even then, when he would hang in exchanges, he would be getting the better of Provodnikov, making Provodnikov miss most of his laughably wide shots and landing multiples, until he would eat one or two and get rocked. problem is, there was a big power differential between these guys, and seven, eight, nine or ten of Bradley's light punches were barely equal to just one of Provodnikov's in terms of effecting the opposite man. Bradley would stay in there too long, landing lots, but getting caught once or twice with big ones, and that's when he'd get in trouble.

every time he would stay in there, i'd exhort, 'get out! dance! jab!'
                    after he'd dominated rounds 7 through 10 in that exact manner, i was annoyed to see Bradley putting himself in the killzone again in round 11, which got him rocked and made him woozy prey for Provodnikov in the 12th. Bradley should have been in position to see out that final round comfortably, but hanging around in there too long with Provodnikov in the 11th put him in a position of vulnerability that was completely unnecessary.

that said,

rounds were easy to score.

neither of round 1 or 2 were dominant enough for Provodnikov to warrant a 10-8.
                    Bradley was winning round 1 until he got rocked in that last minute - having been comfortably in control of the round, he threw it away by fighting that guy's fight.
                    round 2 was a two-way war that Provodnikov got the better of, not a one-sided round - Bradley gave back plenty in reply even after being rocked.

Bradley won 7 clear rounds (3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9 and 10) to Ruslan's 5 (1, 2, 6, 11 and 12). factor in a point off for the knockdown and you have a deserved 114-113 Bradley win.

he showed he was a class above Provodnikov when he fought with strategic intelligence and used his abilities.

instead of fighting that way for 12 rounds, Bradley gave this guy every chance to win, put himself right in the danger zone and took damage that isn't good for his career just to entertain fans and sell himself for a big fight.

i hope he gets that big fight, because he sure won't get any credit from his haters and internet scumbags, who will either cry that he received a gift or shriek that he went life and death with a crude, limited opponent.

it's a no-win situation for Bradley in that respect. so predictable.

anyone who understands boxing and truly loves it knows that Bradley is a LION and a fine asset to the sport.
                    Excellent post. Green k

Comment

• I've just watched it again and I thought it was a draw on first viewing, and I still do. The knock down in round 1 is a legit knock down and rounds 2 and 6 were 10-8s IMO. I have no problem with Bradley getting the decsion though he showed real heart (they both did) and maybe that was the fight that finally turns him into a big draw.

It was a terrific fight and a pleasant surprise. My friends who're into MMA haven't shut up telling me "I need to watch GSP-Diaz, it will be a great fight" etc. They laughed at me when I said I'm watching Bradley vs Provi***ov and they just laughed... The joke's on them

Comment

Working...
                      X