No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tim Bradley Nearly Stopped, Sucks It Up To Win a War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
    How can you have it a split decision? Did you watch it three times?

Comment

• I had Bradley winning the fight by a point or two. I gave Provodnikov a couple of 10-8 rounds but he let his foot off the gas in the middle rounds. Had that one knockdown been ruled a knocked, which it clearly was, the fight would have been a draw but Ruslan has to accept the fact that he didn't do much of anything in the middle of the fight.

I also thought the ref could have stopped the fight in the second round when Bradley was out on his feet and at the end of the fight. Bradely took that knee in the 12th not because he was hurt but because he was being smart. He knew he was about to go and taking the knee allowed him to kill the last seconds of the final round.

What's ironic is even before the fight was over I told my wife, "no matter who wins there HAS to be a rematch" but I don't hear anyone talking about that. Honestly Bradley was very lucky to have won the fight and Ruslan deserves a rematch because the fight was not only close but damn entertaining as well.

I'm one of those fans who detests Bradley just because of his fighting style but he earned my respect last night and if he continues to fight like that I'll become a fan. In the mean time let's see if Bradley has the balls to offer/sign up for a rematch!
      Last edited by myau1; 03-17-2013, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• I feel bad for this guy. As good as he is and as much as he's trying to be great. He will never make PPV #'s.

Comment

• Tim ****** it up 2 win a close 1...the Russian, who @ timws fought limited opposition of his espn bouts, fought the fight of his life...why did he let up in the middle rounds & let Tim bk in the fight???

Comment

• Great fight. Both fighters were warriors.

Comment

• Haven't seen the Fight, but Sounds like Brad's got The JUICE!!!

Comment

• Amazing fight, Bradley is a bad dude. I don't know how he continued fighting after the first two rounds. Not only that but got his rhythm back and was able to box. If people start giving him crap for this fight they should look themselves in the mirror and be ashamed. Bradley fought his heart out. No doubt he was concussed in the early rounds. The definition of a concussion is pretty loose and no doubt applies in Bradley's case. He fought through all that and definitely beat Provodnikov. Provodnikov doesn't think he lost, but the majority of people out there and Roach know he did.

The end of that fight was perfect. The scoring was perfect. Provodnikov didn't do himself a favor by pushing Bradley down while he was going down anyway in the first. That's why the ref didn't call it a knockdown. It looked like Bradley got pushed on the way down. Thanks to slow motion replay we can b!tch about it afterwards. This is foty for me.

Comment

• Good fight!!! Not a big Bradley fan, but he showed ALOT of heart, just too bad he is so damn light fisted. Prov definitely deserves a rematch, got some good pop for coming up from 140.

Comment

• Tim Bradley earned a new name - " Lucky Tim". Obviously, he had the worse of the encounter and should lose. Anywhere else he would lose. Provodnikov made a mistake that he agreed to fight here, with this set of judges. At best it should be a draw, yet not in my book.

Comment

• Bradley deserves a new nickname "Lucky Tim."

Comment

Working...
                      X