No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson vs. Stevenson Being Discussed For June 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dawson vs. Stevenson Being Discussed For June 8th

BoxingScene.com has been advised that a fight between WBC light heavyweight champion "Bad" Chad Dawson (31-2, 17KOs) and hard-punching super middleweight Adonis Stevenson (19-1, 16KOs) is being discussed for June 8th on HBO.

Dawson was orginally scheduled to face Jean Pascal in a rematch on May 25th, but Pascal headed in another direction by reaching an agreement to face Lucian Bute in a high profile Canadian super-fight. Stevenson, the mandatory challenger to IBF champion Carl Froch, was left out in the cold when Froch finalized a deal to face WBA champion Mikkel Kessler in a rematch on May 25th in the UK.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Kind of a weird fight, but acceptable for Dawson as a tuneup.

Comment

This is BS, Stevenson has earned a title shot @ 168 BUT NOT @ 175.....

Comment

Makes sense to me. Who else is out there for either of them to fight? Where is that Shumenov character anyway?

Comment

Good comeback win for Dawson. I could see a TKO for Bad Chad. Stevenson had nothing at 168. Every one was ducking him, not because they were scared, he's just a high risk/low reward fight.

Comment

I sure hop Dawson put some cushion in dat chin...........or else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I sure hop Dawson put some cushion in dat chin...........or else.
              That was the first time ever that happened to Dawson like that.

He took bombs from Johnson, got hit hard but stood up against Adamek and finished his 12 round schooling, took Pascal's power shots and just buckled once, took Diaconu's power shots and didn't even flinch.

Yeah sure he was knocked down before by Adamek and Harding but he was still coming up. Want to see his chin, look at it in the Johnson and Pascal fight. That was not 100% Chad Dawson the night he was TKO'ed against Ward and was getting hurt by every punch. Look at the guys legs in that fight, looked like a cattle. He was weight drained, though that was not Ward's fault, he did what he had to do.

Stevenson is the one who better hope his chin is way better than it was in the Boone fight.

Comment

Not a terrible fight, kind of odd but most other guys are going in different directions so these two were left with each other.

Tough fight for Stevenson though unless he hurts Dawson which can happen but I don't think it will be easy for Stevenson to accomplish that task.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  That was the first time ever that happened to Dawson like that.

He took bombs from Johnson, got hit hard but stood up against Adamek and finished his 12 round schooling, took Pascal's power shots and just buckled once, took Diaconu's power shots and didn't even flinch.

Yeah sure he was knocked down before by Adamek and Harding but he was still coming up. Want to see his chin, look at it in the Johnson and Pascal fight. That was not 100% Chad Dawson the night he was TKO'ed against Ward and was getting hurt by every punch. Look at the guys legs in that fight, looked like a cattle. He was weight drained, though that was not Ward's fault, he did what he had to do.

Stevenson is the one who better hope his chin is way better than it was in the Boone fight.
                  Chill bro, I'm just pestering atm.

Comment

stevenson probably wins this. hate on him for his past all you want.

Comment

Working...
                    X