No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dawson vs. Stevenson Being Discussed For June 8th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
    They can do better than that for Dawson.

Kovalev?
    Just came off a TKO loss to the best fighter from 168, at 168. This is the best they could do. Kovalev IMO just made noise for the first time with his Campillo win, Stevenson has been one noisy f-cker for quite some time.

Besides, Dawson has one of the toughest runs, win or lose since 2006.

2006: Harding
    2007: Adamek
    2008: Johnson, Tarver
    2009: Johnson, Tarver
    2010: Pascal
    2011: Diaconu, Hopkins*
    2012: Hopkins, Ward

Dawson has fought every one he has supposed to have fought and then some [There was no need for him to go down to 168 to fight Ward], he even called out Joe Calzaghe but to no avail because Calzaghe went with Jones. I think it's okay for him to take on a guy like Adonis Stevenson for a confidence building fight, which is pretty high standard if you ask me.

Comment

Not even sure if I'll be interested in watching this quitter anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
        Not even sure if I'll be interested in watching this quitter anymore.
        Someone wake me up when this one is over. Dawson will find a way to either stink out the joint or quit.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          You're just being oblivious to reality if you don't realize a fighter isn't his usual self when he's weight drained. It's just the reality of the situation. Nothing to argue about. It's fact. Never mind he made a mistake in dropping down a division. That's obvious. And he admitted he made a mistake. So get the fek past that b.s. and get with the program. When Dawson is on his game, he's as good as it gets at LHW. End of story.
          1 thing we agree about - nothing to argue about. Chad played himself & got played. Yet, you still provide excuses, excuses & more excuses. No, I won't "never mind" about Chad dropping down because if he didn't go to 168 (willfully) & got owned, we wouldn't even be having this exchange. That's what it was, not some fluffer making weight drain excuses like he didn't know what he was asking for. OH, and I forgot also getting knocked the fcuk out by Miranda in sparring (the same week of the fight) & still going through with it. Let's face it - Chad's not the most brightest bulb in the pack. Boxing is mostly mental & he got beat - physically & mentally. Get past it? Mofo please, not happening - that would mean I'm co-signing your fluffing - HELL NAW. Get Chad's legumes out your mouth, END OF STORY......

Comment

Dawson getting in there with a big puncher straight after the beating the took at the hands of Ward? Interesting.

Comment

Working...
            X