Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Let's See if Cunningham Can Take My Power!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
    this dude!!!

Great, that was over 4 years ago in Fury's 4th fight when he was 19 years old and had a total of 6 rounds under his belt.

Not Relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
      If Fury were to beat USS impressively, that would be a pretty good statement.

Would it?

What does it say other than he beat an old, shaky chinned cruiserweight with little power?

I'm not saying Cunningham doesn't have skills but this fights a mismatch of epic proportions.

Comment

He's right about having to look good if he wins though.

A poor/shaky performance and the knives will be out.

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
          He's right about having to look good if he wins though.

A poor/shaky performance and the knives will be out.
          Fury's also put himself under pressure, running around talking a lot of smack, calling himself the best boxer in the world, etc. It's tongue in cheek mostly, but still. If he doesn't deliver a good performance and convincingly defeats Steve, he could end up being the next hw laughing stock.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Would it?

What does it say other than he beat an old, shaky chinned cruiserweight with little power?

I'm not saying Cunningham doesn't have skills but this fights a mismatch of epic proportions.
            Well Cunningham is a former cruiserweight champion, and in all honestly he beat Adamek pretty handily, who most people classed as a top 5 guy at heavyweight.

It certainly wouldn't be a bad win

Comment

Well at least Tyson already took a punch from the heavyweight

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Great, that was over 4 years ago in Fury's 4th fight when he was 19 years old and had a total of 6 rounds under his belt.

Not Relevant.
                How many times you've seen fighter punching himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  Well Cunningham is a former cruiserweight champion, and in all honestly he beat Adamek pretty handily, who most people classed as a top 5 guy at heavyweight.

It certainly wouldn't be a bad win

I've always felt Adamek's HW run was rather overrated and hes clearly well on the slide. Its unofficial but a good win based on name value.

I still feel Cunningham's a top 5, top 10 worse case scenario cruiserweight. I'm a bit disappointed in Furys opposition at this stage tbh
                  I hope hes going to step it up soon

Wouldn't mind if he fought Thompson after but these old small HWs & cruiserweights have to stop, hes beyond that. Hes better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                    How many times you've seen fighter punching himself?
                    There is vids of Pacquaio and Lennox Lewis doing it to themselves too, they both ended up doing ok for themselves, **** happens.

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    I've always felt Adamek's HW run was rather overrated and hes clearly well on the slide. Its unofficial but a good win based on name value.

I still feel Cunningham's a top 5, top 10 worse case scenario cruiserweight. I'm a bit disappointed in Furys opposition at this stage tbh
                    I hope hes going to step it up soon

Wouldn't mind if he fought Thompson after but these old small HWs & cruiserweights have to stop, hes beyond that. Hes better than that.
                    Were he older I would agree.

But he is only 24, very, very young for a super-heavyweight, and prior to the Rogan fight he had awful training and preperation, and was basically winning fights on size and toughness.

I don't want to have to bust out my Klitschko/Lewis comparrisons again but Fury is fighting better opposition for his age/experiance than they were and he's doing it WITHOUT a stellar amateur career like those guys had.

he's doing just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
                      Fury's also put himself under pressure, running around talking a lot of smack, calling himself the best boxer in the world, etc. It's tongue in cheek mostly, but still. If he doesn't deliver a good performance and convincingly defeats Steve, he could end up being the next hw laughing stock.
                      Very true but I think the talking is a good thing, even if he pisses me off with some of it, it gets people talking.

Now he just has to continue to win and back up his talk.

Comment

Working...
                      X