Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury: Let's See if Cunningham Can Take My Power!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
    How many times you've seen fighter punching himself?
    i've see plenty of fighters uppercut themselves, it's the nature of the punch. tyson fury's highlight reel just happened to be the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
      i've see plenty of fighters uppercut themselves, it's the nature of the punch. tyson fury's highlight reel just happened to be the best one.
      Also he did it in the age of the internet troll and it went viral.

Comment

adamek has done pretty well at HW in my opinion. he lost to vitali klitschko. he beat grant, walker, arreola, golota, aguilera, mccbride, chambers, cunningham & estrada. he's been pretty active & fought some decent guys. although i believe he did beat cunningham 115-113 but i had him losing to chambers & a case could be made for a loss to estrada too. all 3 fights could have went to either guy. adamek said when he was CW champ he walked around outside the ring at 215-220 so the change to HW wasn't that hard. cunningham however has to eat to get past 200 & never had a good chin at CW. i think fury will cut off the ring & knock him out. cunningham is a runner & you can bet he will bring his track suit with him. fury needs to corner him & slow him down. lean on on him, push him back & into the ropes. lots of body shots, etc. if this fights lasts 12 i'd be shocked. i give cunningham 5% chance to pull it off but it will need to go to the scorecards & it is in the states so nothing is guaranteed unless a knock out is scored.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
          If Fury were to beat USS impressively, that would be a pretty good statement.
          Is it really though? At Cruiserweight, i'd totally agree with you. But at heavyweight, I haven't seen anything impressive about Cunningham. He beat the same type of fighter in Adamek, but like him, I don't think he's really effective against natural heavyweights.

It's more a situation of, if Fury looks bad in there, any natural HW boxer will demolish him

Comment

People always talk about Fury uppercutting himself in the face however, for me his funniest moment in the ring was his Ali shuffle he did in the early stages of the first McDermott fight... Pure gold.

Comment

Working...
            X