Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward - Break this guy down. What makes him so great?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is tremendously physically strong too.

Comment

If I had to sum up Andre Ward in 12 words it'd be Jesus, timing, distance, Jesus, intelligence, Jesus, Jesus, crafty, Jesus, dirty, Jesus, Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Who said or thinks that? Whoever thinks that way needs to be banned cause they don't belong here.
        Floyd oftentimes gets the nod as the smartest fighter in the game due to his ability to adjust to virtually any style. Don't think Ward has the resume yet to convincingly counter that argument.

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
          Timing
          Breaks up other fighters rhythms
          Homes in on a fighters strength and takes it away
          Vice versa
          He capitalizes on a fighters weakness.
          That's what makes him great, and that's what makes Hopkins great.

AKA imposing your will.
          Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
            he is fast for 168 I say his ring IQ the only thing special about him he is very confident fighter I like to see how he bounces back after his 1st L which should happen pretty soon IMO
            Who do you see beating him at 168 or 175?

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
              Floyd oftentimes gets the nod as the smartest fighter in the game due to his ability to adjust to virtually any style. Don't think Ward has the resume yet to convincingly counter that argument.
              Yea but Floyd is a DUMB individual outside the ring. Ward is a smart dude inside AND out the ring. If you can't see that in his fights then I dunno what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                Yea but Floyd is a DUMB individual outside the ring. Ward is a smart dude inside AND out the ring. If you can't see that in his fights then I dunno what to tell you.
                I don't judge fighters based on their out of the ring persona or personality. As a true boxing fan, you shouldn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Is this the beginning of the flomo assassination of Andre Ward?
                  Yes, it is

That said, although Andre Ward is one of the best fighters in the world IMO and a world class fighter I don't think he's as exceptional, or flawlesss as some claim.

Although, he is exceptional. IMO.

Comment

other fighters in his weight class, the talk is about 'would have, could have, didn't, tried'

With Andre, its 'is doing it'. No SMW has done that to date.
                    Last edited by DreamFighter; 03-13-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Great mental fortitude

Comment

Working...
                      X