Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: 'I’m a Better Counterpuncher than Rigondeaux'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way is Donaire a better CP then Rigo in my opinion. If this turns into a chess match where both are super cautious its going to be a snooze fest until the last few rounds.

DanCov, if Donaire knocks Rigo out cold with a big left hook, what will you say?

Comment

lol, right

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
        No way is Donaire a better CP then Rigo in my opinion. If this turns into a chess match where both are super cautious its going to be a snooze fest until the last few rounds.

DanCov, if Donaire knocks Rigo out cold with a big left hook, what will you say?

Its the only chance he has & its very slim. That is all he has, a punchers chance.

Donaire is going to hit the deck in this fight one way or another.

Donaire is good but Rigondeaux is an exceptional, superb, A+ once in a lifetime fighter.

Comment

Donaire will always look great against brawlers with no defense, show him any movement and he looks lost.

Mathebula, Navaez, hell Vasquez Jr took away his left hook for most part and he looked very ordinary!

This guy is not under any circumstances at the level Rigondeaux is. Hes limited!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Its the only chance he has & its very slim. That is all he has, a punchers chance.

Donaire is good but Rigondeaux is an exceptional, superb, A+ once in a lifetime fighter.
            I've seen a lot of overhyped fighters! But Rigo's not one of those once in a lifetime kind!, Pacquiao was! Donaire isn't either!

But Donaire will KO that China chin Rigo! And all this Cubans will say it's a lucky Punch! If it's a left hook, you call that Lucky?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

But what will you say if he does manage to land his big left hook and knock Rigo unconsious like Montiel or break him like his did the Baby Bull? The money shot, the shot he always seems to find?
              What will you say if he times Rigo and detonates it on his chin leaving him in a heap?

Comment

On paper the match-up between these 2 fighters is wonderful and needed to happen. However, from day one of them being mentioned in the same breath, I've always thought that the fight itself will be a load of cautious chess-playing bullshit.

I genuinely hope I'm proven wrong on fight night and that we get a good scrap out of it (obviously I'm not expecting Rios-Alvarado or anything), but I'm pretty sure these guys will stink out the joint in the same way Donaire-Narvaez did.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
                  I've seen a lot of overhyped fighters! But Rigo's not one of those once in a lifetime kind!, Pacquiao was! Donaire isn't either!

But Donaire will KO that China chin Rigo! And all this Cubans will say it's a lucky Punch! If it's a left hook, you call that Lucky?

I get it you're blinded by country of origin.
                  Pacquaio is done, Donaire is next, get on the Brian Viloria train or something man. Give Viloria some support, hes a good fighter.

Donaire ain't K.Oing **** its just wishful thinking. Rigondeaux is going to school him, you'll go crazy about how Rigondeaux delayed drug testing etc
                  Its predictable.

A bog standard, limited, one-paced Vasquez Jr a 23 fight novice with zero amateur experience, coming off a pasting against Arce systematically broke Donaire down!

He took his jab away, he took his left hook away for most part and was countering Donaire as he got wreckless, lunging, stumbling off balance.

He outjabbed Donaire, he destroyed Donaires face with his jab. Vasquez Jr!

Rigo will toy with him.

Comment

I think Donaire will win a good competitive fight and he might score a KO. But I could be wrong

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
                      But what will you say if he does manage to land his big left hook and knock Rigo unconsious like Montiel or break him like his did the Baby Bull? The money shot, the shot he always seems to find?
                      What will you say if he times Rigo and detonates it on his chin leaving him in a heap?

Its boxing, he hits hard. He has a punchers chance. The left hook is his get out of jail free card. If he lands it and knocks Rigo out then props too him but I am telling you Rigo beats him 99/100, that much.
                      Hes a stylistic nightmare.

What will you say if Rigondeaux schools this guy and Donaire starts getting frustrated and starts lunging and throwing silly leaping uppercuts like a drunken ballerina & gets his clock cleaned?

Comment

Working...
                      X