No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Would Consider Facing Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    It's a fight he wants. Before the Martinez fight he mentioned that he was hoping Chavez Jr. would win because he is more likely to be able to move up and it would be a big money fight for him.

Ward better hope Jr. gets his act together and puts together a string of wins. It's his only hope at headlining a PPV that I can see.
    I agree with this. Chavez jr is his best bet to get there.

Comment

Ward thinks that fighting bhop would do good numbers on ppv he can keep dreaming. I don't see it doing that great

Comment

Bernard please retire

X- Man please retire before you get hurt, you already look drunk. Look in the mirror, don't sing I'm so pretty, please, your face looks discombobulated, you are starting to look like the former host from "Tales from the crypt"

Comment

Horrible fight! We all know Ward will win this I hope it doesnt happen..

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

i don't think so. you don't need a ton of ppv buys to exceed your regular HBO billing.
            You have the student vs. the teacher backstory and the intrigue as to whether B Hop could pull it off. Either have it in Oakland or at the Barclay.

This fight can definitely be sold if promoted properly.

Comment

good fight but noway can Hopkins beat a young, skillfull, determined fighter. He might be able to win against an opponent who possesses 2 out of those 3 qualities but Ward has them all and more.

Comment

He's just saying he would to save face imo. Most of the duck accusations are being pointed at Borehard anyway. It'd be a boring ass foul/clinch fest but it's a fight we need sooner than later.

Comment

Hopkins has lost before but he's never been trashed, Ward trashes him if they fight. Hop knows this that is why he didn't want to have to fight him. Ward knows this too and without a good opponent, why not destroy a living legend???? It'll make ward and even bigger star and bring in some good money.

Comment

I'd rather see Dawson-Ward at 175. Ward should be a lineal champ in two divisions

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X