No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Would Consider Facing Bernard Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Still Blazin View Post
    Hopkins vs Ward on PPV??? Hopkins would do it. Thats all this is about. Passing Ward the torch,possibly setting him up as a PPV star and making alot of money in the process.
    Hopkins dont want to pass the torch in that way brutha man. He been manipulating Ward into thinking that just because their friends, they shouldnt fight. Thats the only reason he became friends with Ward in the first place. Hopkins is no dummy. This is a guy who been ducking Chad for 3 yrs, was forced to fight him because of that step aside money with the pascal fight, then faked an injury to get out of the fight. This is a guy who has been strategically cherrypicking his whole career. He only fights smaller guys, or square fighters. Waited to fight Tarver after he had to lose all that weight from that movie. Its NO WAY that Hopkins will fight Ward because Ward is going to stop him in 5 rounds. No doubt in my mind.

Comment

You would have to be blind to not see the potential marketability of this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
        Not going to happen Bernard Hopkins does not want to get in the kid way Just make Edwin Rodriguez vs Andre Ward next
        What does Edwin Rodriguez bring to the table? Ward gains nothing from that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
          Hopkins dont want to pass the torch in that way brutha man. He been manipulating Ward into thinking that just because their friends, they shouldnt fight. Thats the only reason he became friends with Ward in the first place. Hopkins is no dummy. This is a guy who been ducking Chad for 3 yrs, was forced to fight him because of that step aside money with the pascal fight, then faked an injury to get out of the fight. This is a guy who has been strategically cherrypicking his whole career. He only fights smaller guys, or square fighters. Waited to fight Tarver after he had to lose all that weight from that movie. Its NO WAY that Hopkins will fight Ward because Ward is going to stop him in 5 rounds. No doubt in my mind.
          so if B.Hop DOES fight Ward...what will you say then?....do you know what we call that **** you posted...a OPINION....you're allowed to own that....but FACTS is another lane...not the one you're in atm...but its cool thogh, stay in yours my dude!!

Comment

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
            hopkins vs ward would be a good ppv fight with a good co ppv on it too. Maybe something like lopez vs garcia or gamboa vs broner. Or something like that. But them just alone being the only fight that is worth watching wouldn't be a great ppv
            hopkins nor ward have shown they can market a ppv fight as the a side. and while the fights you suggest are good ppv sales arent about the quality of the fight but the fighters name value and crossover appeal.

ppv's arent for hardcore fans its for mainstream fans. I think the card you described would be best served on WBC or network TV.

Comment

Ward is the best opton for Hopkins hopefully B-Hop will reconsider fighting him

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
                  Here we go.......

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                  I'm disappointed in hearing Ward talk about the next step is being on PPV. The reality is Ward is not a PPV attraction. Ward vs Hopkins would tank on PPV.

i don't think so. you don't need a ton of ppv buys to exceed your regular HBO billing.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post

it did. oh my gosh.

at 175 this is the only fight that's got any real chutzpah.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                      Bad boys 2 was way to long. I liked the first one better.

Comment

Working...
                      X