Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who can Donaire and Rigo spar with to prepare for 4/13?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can Donaire and Rigo spar with to prepare for 4/13?

No other fighters fight with their style so who could they spar with to prepare?

I think Marroquin would be a decent sparring partner. He got the size and power.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
      I think Marroquin would be a decent sparring partner. He got the size and power.
      Rigo can use Gamboa - speed, power, quick feet and angles

Comment

That's who I was thinking for Rigo... Aside Marroquin, probably anybody big ('30, '35 lber) with some speed.

As for Donaire... I don't know, just find shorter southpaws who counter. Would hesitate to find the bigger southpaws as well ('30-'35)

Comment

Yoandris Salinas, Luis Franco, maybe even Gamboa.

I think Franco would be good; hes around the same size, good handspeed, decent counterpuncher & he could prepare well for the left hook.

Franco loves that uppercut - left hook combo.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanRakan View Post
            Rigo can use Gamboa - speed, power, quick feet and angles
            Yea but Rigo needs someone tall too and with a good left hook. Marroquin can do the job. Idk what type of sparring partners are out there so Im just picking someone who Ive seen fight Rigo.

Comment

Good shout though he has a fight coming up this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by deejd View Post
                That's who I was thinking for Rigo... Aside Marroquin, probably anybody big ('30, '35 lber) with some speed.

As for Donaire... I don't know, just find shorter southpaws who counter. Would hesitate to find the bigger southpaws as well ('30-'35)
                I think Rigo's style is harder to emulate than Donaire's. You can find a counter puncher with good speed and tell him to imitate Rigo but that won't work. Since it won't be natural to him he'll probably look sloppy and make it easier on Donaire to do his work.

Comment

I thought someone on this forum said he was sparring with Gamboa?

As far as Donaire, IDK, maybe Corley?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Good shout though he has a fight coming up this weekend.
                    I knew he had a fight coming up but didn't know it was this weekend. I do remember he's fighting at 126 tho. Maybe after the fight if he doesn't get too beat up.

EDIT
                    Damn he's fight will be televised but Ill be stuck at work.
                    Last edited by .:: JSFD26 ::.; 03-12-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X