Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren Ready For War: Burns is Under Contract To Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    That isn't how it works.
    He hasn't the right to just terminate his contract because he feels like it.
    I would say Ricky Burns might have had grounds to do so, like Tony Bellew did.

Comment

My understanding is that you cant just do what you want if you are contractucally obliged elsewhere. If anyone could just walk out on a contract then everyone would be doing it and there would be no point in having contractcs in the 1st place.

Adam Smith has gotta be careful what he is investing in. He went with Matchroom because he wanted to get away from the IBO/WBU/ pointless title fights Frank use to put on and signed Eddie instead but from what I saw on Saturday Eddies show in London was pretty poor. Not 1 competetaive fight. All home fighters vs bums to pad their records. Isnt that what Adam wanted to move away from with Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by G22 View Post
        My understanding is that you cant just do what you want if you are contractucally obliged elsewhere. If anyone could just walk out on a contract then everyone would be doing it and there would be no point in having contractcs in the 1st place.

Adam Smith has gotta be careful what he is investing in. He went with Matchroom because he wanted to get away from the IBO/WBU/ pointless title fights Frank use to put on and signed Eddie instead but from what I saw on Saturday Eddies show in London was pretty poor. Not 1 competetaive fight. All home fighters vs bums to pad their records. Isnt that what Adam wanted to move away from with Frank.
        In all fairness to Hearn he was supposed to have Purdy vs Carson Jones on the bill until Jones pulled out a week before. Also Barker is rebuilding his career and Groves literally just signed with him. Evangalou (spelling?) vs Connelly was a great little scrap.

To the thread, this was always going to be Warrens route. Hearn seems pretty confident that his lawyers have looked over it and everything is fine though

Comment

Originally posted by Keysor View Post
          Frank has already admitted holding back purse money to try and get Burns to sign a new contract. Game over. Burns has no worries and Warren is just doing this to show his remaining fighters he still means business.
          Did not know that.

Frank Warren really is as shady as they come.

Comment

Frank is putting on a brave face and I think Hearns will takke over as the Main promoter in the next 18 - 24 months, and with Franks antics last year liscencing Hyae and Chisora through Luxembourg and then holding the fight on British soil he has no allies at the BBB what fighter in his right mind will want to join Frank now after seeing all the fighters been sued by Frank now. I still can't believe Cleverley signed with Frank seeing the bad blood between Frank and Joe Calzaghe and they were supposed to have been close- will Cleverley sign a new contract or leave and join Hearns let's wait and see could be interesating times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
              Frank is putting on a brave face and I think Hearns will takke over as the Main promoter in the next 18 - 24 months, and with Franks antics last year liscencing Hyae and Chisora through Luxembourg and then holding the fight on British soil he has no allies at the BBB what fighter in his right mind will want to join Frank now after seeing all the fighters been sued by Frank now. I still can't believe Cleverley signed with Frank seeing the bad blood between Frank and Joe Calzaghe and they were supposed to have been close- will Cleverley sign a new contract or leave and join Hearns let's wait and see could be interesating times ahead.
              Newsflash: HEARN already is the main promoter!

Comment

Originally posted by TGD View Post
                I would say Ricky Burns might have had grounds to do so, like Tony Bellew did.
                Yes he does. Ricky Burns works in sports shop on weekends to make ends meet. Warren is full of **** and a disgrace.

Comment

Sorry mate but he has earned over £ 3/4 million while under Warren, If he needs to work weekends for some cash then , i would suggest someoine is spending his money for him !!

Comment

Originally posted by Keysor View Post
                    Yes he does. Ricky Burns works in sports shop on weekends to make ends meet. Warren is full of **** and a disgrace.
                    Originally posted by MadMark62 View Post
                    Sorry mate but he has earned over £ 3/4 million while under Warren, If he needs to work weekends for some cash then , i would suggest someoine is spending his money for him !!
                    He does it because he says it keeps his feet on the ground. Definitely not a money issue.

Warren is a scummy b*stard eh....

Even though I subscribe to boxnation (would be gutted to lose it tbh) I do hate the fact that I'm giving that c*nt £10 a month.

Comment

Warren is a scummy bstard, look at the calzaghe case

Warren refused to pay him, joe had to go to court to get his money THEN warren put all of his assets in a new company and filed for bankruptcy to again try to avoid paying him...again he lost and has to pay him

warren does this with a lot of boxers, I believe burns is still owned money from his last fight and the one before that!

Comment

Working...
                      X