No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abril-Bogere Sells 1,137 Tickets, Does $116K Gate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
    Can u imagine a fight with Miguel Vasquez and Richard Abril? That would be one of the ugliest, most awkward fights in modern memory.
    A nightmare to be correct.....borring fest, and please spare me the whole sweet science lecture...cause is nothing like that. You can be offensive minded while protecting yourself, and put up a great show.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
      Can u imagine a fight with Miguel Vasquez and Richard Abril? That would be one of the ugliest, most awkward fights in modern memory.
      picturing that fight makes me want to vomit......i'd pay them not to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
        I didn't even bother to stay home to watch it,i said it one day before the fight I wasn't going to watch it because I was sure there would be headbutts and a lot of holding,then I watched the replay and exactly as I said,or like many thought too,just watching two guys hold and hold all night is just frustrating to watch
        I agree. The problem is that people call fighters like Abril " slick " and cry when they get " robbed " in decisions. Brandon Rios couldnīt hit Abril very much because the bastard was holding and running all night. One thing is being a counterpuncher like Marquez but Abril, Mayweather, Pernell Whitaker, and all those clowns need to disappear from boxing.

Comment

budfr: i remember ready your post

budfr: I saw the fight just like you said, head butts, holding, I was bored to death how in the world these two bums that don't know how to box become
          world rated top ten fighters in there weight class. Don't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
            I agree. The problem is that people call fighters like Abril " slick " and cry when they get " robbed " in decisions. Brandon Rios couldnīt hit Abril very much because the bastard was holding and running all night. One thing is being a counterpuncher like Marquez but Abril, Mayweather, Pernell Whitaker, and all those clowns need to disappear from boxing.
            Abril fights ugly, no doubt about it, but he wasn't "holding and running all night" against Rios. Much of the time, Richar stood in the pocket in a Philly shell and gave Rios every opportunity to open up. Instead of making room for himself, all Brandon could do was flail ineffectively. In fact, Rios even initiated some clinches of his own.

JMM is a great fighter. I love watching the guy fight. But guys like Mayweather and Whitaker need to disappear? You're telling me a lot with that statement. I'm not a fan of Floyd, but the guy is great. And "Sweat Pea?" Shiiiit....

Comment

Working...
            X