Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwyer: Malinaggi will beat static Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Dwyer, not that Paulie will win. but he WILL give Broner a lot of trouble with the movement, angles and length/size.

Comment

dwyer can afford to pick crazy underdogs because he straddles most of his plays, he picked thompson over price etc... he's good at spotting underdogs that have a chance
      but straddling bets minimizes the profit and one freakshow draw or stuff like that makes you lose a lot of money
      but yeah he is a hater, look at him trashing pacquiao you would think he is a bum or something

Comment

lol Dwyer is trolling hard

Comment

Dwyer called the Hopkins fight to a tee. Carry on.

Comment

I dont think this guy is as bad as everyone else. He raises some valuable points. I pick Paulie because I'm a Paulie fan. Don't give a **** who he's fighting.

Comment

I like Dwyer, don't care whether he's wrong or right but he's good at analyzing fighters, my issue with him is that he simply points out at weaknesses that haven't fully presented themselves, it's more like assumptions. For example, he talks about Broner's lack of movement, being more flat but Broner hasn't struggled to cut off the ring against any opponent he's faced, neither has he faced anyone physical enough to force him to box. This is why I've always wanted to see Broner fight Miguel Vazquez or Abril to truly test how well he can cut fighters off, or Rios, Peterson, Matthysse, good in the pocket, physically strong fighters who may be able to force Broner to box; use his legs. He hasn't faced that kind of opposition for us to truly judge him on movement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                but Broner hasn't struggled to cut off the ring against any opponent he's faced
                there are some indicators, though.

example, upright Antonio DeMarco, who isn't as good a 'boxer' as Abril or Vazquez, was able to be semi-successful for three rounds against Broner by moving away. he did Broner a huge favour (in terms of making him look a million dollars) by standing in with him for the 4th on. Broner never forced him to do that, if one watches the fight they'll see it was a conscious (and quite inexplicable) decision on Tony's part to be right in front of Broner.
                Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 03-11-2013, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Even if Paulie wins I doubt he would get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    LMAO, that's it except it's like a front to back waddle instead of a side to side one.......I can just imagine someone picking up him about ready to move forward after he attacks because of his cadence. It never changes and a smart boxer would put the pieces together and time him.
                    LOL. I like Broner, but that's hilarious. IMO, Broner has issues with shorter boxers, who can come from underneath. A "Frazier" style would give him issues IMO, but guys who stand taller and level with him, are sitting ducks for his rangy weird angled punches.

When Broner is in a situation where he needs to pick up an move and potshot, he's able to. I think Malignaggi will spoil the early rounds with movement, but I think Broner will be able to find his range, cut the ring off on Paulie, and chop him down. See, I've noticed with Broner, you can be having success against him, but as soon as he starts to get his timing and finds his range, and he opens up, fighters just INSTANTLY become either KO'd, or lose all their energy and confidence, and get beat down. He's very accurate and hits hard.

Rees, who has fought and sparred some very good boxers, said himself Broner was far and away the best fighter he'd ever shared a ring with, as well as the fastest, and said he hit shockingly hard for a LW, and also said he was a lot better then Burns, who might be the 2nd best LW next to Broner. Not saying to take that as gospel, but Rees is a smart and sensible dude who's shared the ring with strong sturdy JWW's like Kotelnyk, and is very experienced so I'd say he knows enough to make a serious assessment.

Comment

He actually makes good points about broners wide stance and how good movement and speed will beat him but Paulie isn't the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X