No announcement yet.

The (Real Money) Boxing Bets Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I managed to parlay a bet on Purdy (-450) and Barker (-1800) to win and the odds came down to -345. The stream where I'm fishing today says that Purdy is fighting Rivera but everything else I've seen indicates Cosme Rivera
    Won myself $35.00 earlier on this parlay...the night is starting out pretty well so far

Comment

Wow, I've been waiting for a thread like this to show up... maybe they have in the past but i've never seen them. (and i never made one... my bad) . .

I got hopkins, I do fear the king influence as well, but I with Odds, I like Hopkins here. Cloud struggled in my opinion against G.Johnson, and though its a completely different fighter than Bhop, I think it showed his weakness against experience. (granted that was some time ago).

I also threw a bit on Gurerro... just for the odds. and Am debating throwing some down on

Also threw some on Zaveck to keep it interesting, and he'll definately be game for this one.

Might see what long shots are out there and put together a coupl dollar parley. one of those bet a buck to win a couple grand deals.

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
        Wow, I've been waiting for a thread like this to show up... maybe they have in the past but i've never seen them. (and i never made one... my bad) . .

I got hopkins, I do fear the king influence as well, but I with Odds, I like Hopkins here. Cloud struggled in my opinion against G.Johnson, and though its a completely different fighter than Bhop, I think it showed his weakness against experience. (granted that was some time ago).

I also threw a bit on Gurerro... just for the odds. and Am debating throwing some down on

Also threw some on Zaveck to keep it interesting, and he'll definately be game for this one.

Might see what long shots are out there and put together a coupl dollar parley. one of those bet a buck to win a couple grand deals.
        If the Zaveck fight is remotely close and it goes to the cards, better believe Thurman is getting the nod.....he is being primed to be a star of sorts for HBO. King is almost broke and he is up against GBP, I doubt the judges will go against them in favor of a guy who will be filing bankruptcy soon.

Comment

i put Ł50 on hopkins to win outright 13/8 with bet victor kept it small as i backed hopkins in the dawson rematch and like a previous poster stated you never know with a don king fighter.

Comment

Mendez -170 wins. Need Thurman for the last leg of a parlay. Need Thurman and Hopkins OVER for the other.

Comment

I had Barker to KO his opponent 1-6 rounds @ +130.

Comment

I have BHOP and Thurman to win via parlay at +175

Comment

Call me crazy but I parlayed Bhop-Cloud a draw and Zaveck stopping Thurman. I know it's pretty out there, but it's a small risk for a big reward. I'm getting the same vibe off this as with the first Pascal fight (which I predicted a draw back then). Hopkins can hang in there but Cloud can't push the clever fox over the dge. With King involved I would be a bit hesitant to go with Hopkins outright, and a draw, rather than an outright robbery, would set up another nice pay day for all with a certain rematch. BHop doens't have enough to make it a shut out me thinks, so it'll be close on the cards in any case.

As for Thurman, remember Mr. Lemieux? I was and still am a fan of his, but the hype caught up with him. Now I know Thurman and him aren't very comparable, but they were both highly touted for their power (90% ko ratio), around the same age and amount of pro fights, though I do think Thurman's had a bit more scrutiny put on him and is much more level-headed. Zaveck is Thurman's Rubio - a tough veteran workhorse who won't lay down at the first hard punch and will bring the fight to you.

Anyway, I'm not holding this up as the gospel. I may very well be completely wrong and in most probability there won't be any surprises. But if there are I'm ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Bierstadt View Post
                    Call me crazy but I parlayed Bhop-Cloud a draw and Zaveck stopping Thurman. I know it's pretty out there, but it's a small risk for a big reward. I'm getting the same vibe off this as with the first Pascal fight (which I predicted a draw back then). Hopkins can hang in there but Cloud can't push the clever fox over the dge. With King involved I would be a bit hesitant to go with Hopkins outright, and a draw, rather than an outright robbery, would set up another nice pay day for all with a certain rematch. BHop doens't have enough to make it a shut out me thinks, so it'll be close on the cards in any case.

As for Thurman, remember Mr. Lemieux? I was and still am a fan of his, but the hype caught up with him. Now I know Thurman and him aren't very comparable, but they were both highly touted for their power (90% ko ratio), around the same age and amount of pro fights, though I do think Thurman's had a bit more scrutiny put on him and is much more level-headed. Zaveck is Thurman's Rubio - a tough veteran workhorse who won't lay down at the first hard punch and will bring the fight to you.

Anyway, I'm not holding this up as the gospel. I may very well be completely wrong and in most probability there won't be any surprises. But if there are I'm ready.

I think Zaveck will push Thurman to the edge but the HBO hype and push for him to succeed could result in a controversial decision. If those two happen though, you will probably be making huge scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      I think Zaveck will push Thurman to the edge but the HBO hype and push for him to succeed could result in a controversial decision. If those two happen though, you will probably be making huge scratch.
                      It's a wide shot, especially with such specific outcomes, and ultimately pretty unrealistic, but it's worth a little shot. I won't be heartbroken and it makes it funner to root for the guy I was going for anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X