Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman: Zaveck May Not Make it Past Four Rounds!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think zaveck will not repeat mistakes he made with berto, and will try his best to survive the initial assault,then break thurman down in the later rounds. it's far from a decided fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
      i think zaveck will not repeat mistakes he made with berto, and will try his best to survive the initial assault,then break thurman down in the later rounds. it's far from a decided fight.
      That was what he tried against Berto. Wasn't planning on getting headbutted though.

Dejan needs to come out guns blazing and take Thurman's confidence away.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        Dejan needs to come out guns blazing and take Thurman's confidence away.
        zaveck is really not that kinda boxer. he has a break them down style.
        he does expose opportunities though.

Comment

Not sure that Zaveck has the power to back Thurman up. He's durable yes, but so is a punching bag. Can he land enough clean punches to win rounds and earn Thurman's respect? Should be a good indicator to see where Thurman really ranks in the welterweight division.

Comment

Zavek is a beast, Thurman better not underestimate him.

Comment

I hope Thurman is not falling in love with his power too much. He needs to test himself and get rounds in. A lot of mistakes are made when you looking for the KO or the 1 hitter quitter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Thurman was boxing well with what Quintana gave him, but after that body shot, Quintana didn't want to fight any more, so Thurman just got on top of him. He's getting world class coaching from Birmingham, so skill wise, he should be good. Dude is only 24 and on his way up.

Comment

Zavecks a good fighter. Good defense, solid skills, jab, heart. He's a little slow and methodical but he's solid in most areas.

I believe he would have beat Berto if not for the headbutt and stoppage. He seemed to be adjusted and getting the better of it.

He may be rusty which could be an issue but I see him giving Thurman a good fight.

Comment

I wish I had the money because I'd bet Thurman his purse that Zaveck lasts more than 4 rounds with him.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      I hope Thurman is not falling in love with his power too much. He needs to test himself and get rounds in. A lot of mistakes are made when you looking for the KO or the 1 hitter quitter.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      He has very bad balance and he steps forward with his punches in a way that is almost like lunging in. A sharp counter puncher is going to cue in on that and leave him flat on his face.

Comment

Working...
                      X