Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather-Guerrero to be for The RING WW title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the issue? Floyd is already the lineal champ at 147 after beating Baldomir. He's the only one with a claim to it, even after retiring. He's the "man" at 147.

Comment

Mayweather will not have fought at welterweight in nearly two years when this fight happens, and Robert Guerrero should not be involved in a fight for the Ring title in a division where Juan Manuel Marquez, Manny Pacquiao, and Tim Bradley also fight.

Its as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Mayweather will not have fought at welterweight in nearly two years when this fight happens, and Robert Guerrero should not be involved in a fight for the Ring title in a division where Juan Manuel Marquez, Manny Pacquiao, and Tim Bradley also fight.

Its as simple as that.
        Bradley I can understand because neither have faced him. But the other 2??

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          They are better fighters than Guerrero. They should be ranked above him. I don't care what Mayweather already did against Marquez or that Pacquiao got knocked cold by that same guy. So what? They're still better.

Comment

Originally posted by RajahBell View Post
            What's the issue? Floyd is already the lineal champ at 147 after beating Baldomir. He's the only one with a claim to it, even after retiring. He's the "man" at 147.
            If you retire, you dont carry the lineage anymore. A new fake one was started by Marg-Cotto tho. Floyd won that one too but lost it when he moved up to fight Cotto as well.

Comment

That Belt don't mean ****!

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                You dont understand JMM being ranked above him?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  They are better fighters than Guerrero. They should be ranked above him. I don't care what Mayweather already did against Marquez or that Pacquiao got knocked cold by that same guy. So what? They're still better.
                  Marquez IS ranked above him. Pacquiao lost in devastating fashion so he dropped down a few notches in the rankings. Bradley's only elite fight at the weight was a robbery. I got no problem with Guerrero being #3 but I don't like this new rule of allowing the anyone in the top 3 to fight for the lineal title.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    You dont understand JMM being ranked above him?
                    Yes I do, but if the Ghost wins, he'd undoubtedly have the better welterweight win.

Comment

So who defeated Floyd at 147 to take his Lineal Championship? Also, he has the WBC belt and defeated the WBA Champ Shane Mosely. If he defeats the Guerrero, who defeated the IBF Champ Berto, then he deserves the Ring Belt. The WBO belt is in dispute because of Bradley and Marquez. Floyd clearly is still lineal champ having claims at 3 out 4 WW titles.

Comment

Working...
                      X