Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo beats Trout, Floyd HAS to fight him, right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he holds on to his belt, yes.

If he vacates and feels 154 is too high for him, I'd respect that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
      fighting who???the man has beat the #1 guy in every division he has been to..not to mention the guy in your avy and sig...ya';; can hate all ya'll want but it is getting old and ******ed..ya'll refuse to give this man any credit at all

Cotto
      Mosly
      Oscar
      Judah
      Gatti
      Hernendez
      Ortiz
      Castillo
      Corrales
      Jesus Chavez
      Ndou
      Marquez

these are some damn good wins
      The one in My avi had no business fighting anymore when he took the cash to fight Floyd! This is a business. The one in my avi has been in more wars and has had fight of the year many times. How many fight of the years has Floyd had? NONE! In no way does Floyd hold a candle to the amount of excitement it takes to have a fight of the year much less an entertaining fight. Hes a boring ass fighter that never lives up to his hype. And out od the list you listed there is only one credible win for Floyd LOL thats funny.
      You call them damn good wins????

Comment

Originally posted by _Gatti_ View Post
        The one in My avi had no business fighting anymore when he took the cash to fight Floyd! This is a business. The one in my avi has been in more wars and has had fight of the year many times. How many fight of the years has Floyd had? NONE! In no way does Floyd hold a candle to the amount of excitement it takes to have a fight of the year much less an entertaining fight. Hes a boring ass fighter that never lives up to his hype. And out od the list you listed there is only one credible win for Floyd LOL thats funny.
        You call them damn good wins????
        He was in wars cause he had no damn choice but to be in a war..why in the hell would floyd go to war when he can outbox you???do you even listen to what you post?

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          there is this thing called weight classes. a fighter has every right to pick whichever one he wants and when he does you cant say he ducking anyone at any other weight than the one hes currently boxing at.

if mayweather keeps fighting at 154 he has to fight canelo, but if he chooses to fight at 147 you cant say hes ducking anyone at 154 canelo included.
          Then Floyd's whole Cotto amble pre fight about him fighting him at 154 was what, bull****?

We already know it but Floyd fans need to admit it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
            fighting who???the man has beat the #1 guy in every division he has been to..not to mention the guy in your avy and sig...ya';; can hate all ya'll want but it is getting old and ******ed..ya'll refuse to give this man any credit at all

Cotto
            Mosly
            Oscar
            Judah
            Gatti
            Hernendez
            Ortiz
            Castillo
            Corrales
            Jesus Chavez
            Ndou
            Marquez

these are some damn good wins
            Sadly nearly all were past their sell by date.

Comment

i think he will. it makes financial sense and canelo is not that frightening.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                Can anyone make a case for Floyd taking another fight over Canelo if he beats Trout?
                flojobs will make a case for someone older/lighter/crappier.....They're frothing in their undercrackers over the Guerrero fight after all!

Comment

I'd say he's more fearful of Trout than Canelo.

But honestly, you never know who he'll fight. Kell Brook might be his next opponent if he beats Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    Floyd is a bytch made motherf**king cowardly p*ssy of epic and biblical proportions. Whatever the safest route is, that's what the bytch is going to take.

So no, he doesn't have to do anything. Especially if that anything poses the slightest threat to his zero.
                    Not true at all. The safest route would have been Alexander.

Nice job failing in your first paragraph, though. Skills, son.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Bomber View Post
                      Honestly, I don't like the idea.

Canelo could win because bigger and younger, while Floyd is slipping, as is natural for a 36 years old man. There is no chance to see Mayweather out boxed, out skilled or out smarted . Canelo would fight a bigger man's fight and rely on the fact that Floyd's legs are mostly gone (especially at 154, it seems).

It'd be another big name, and another smaller guy.

I'd rather watch a declining Mayweather fight at 147, where he can be defeated, but not by mere size.

As for Canelo. People criticize Mayweather for not fighting Martinez, while Canelo is actually young and big enough to move up and get the MW title -if- he defeats Trout.

Why nobody suggests that Canelo should fight Martinez, Golovkin, Quillin, Chavez jr, or to stay at 154lbs Lara or Rosado next?.

Why Broner gets criticized for the Malignacci rumour, a fight two weight classes above his current class, but nobody wants to see Canelo fight legit 154lbs, let alone 160?.

If somebody should take risks, it's a young, still unproven Canelo, not an aging Floyd on his way to retirement.
                      If he does take the fight and wins then Canelo will have been too green and not ready for a fight with floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X