No announcement yet.

Ponce De Leon vs Broner: The Robbery in Cali

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    PDL outlanded Broner in a lot of the rounds...

And that's amateur scoring you're describing.
    Not true read the actual queens whatever its called rules and it states punches landed with the knuckles are scoring punches.

It also talks about how an effective punch but that is purely subjective and last time I checked Broner was never stunned, wobbled, or whatever by any of PDL punches.

So what rounds did you haters give PDL?

Comment

• This was actually a very close fight, could have gone either way. Ponce de Leon was the more active fighter but most of his shots were missing. I also give Broner credit for the damage he was doing with the left hook. I thought the fight could have gone 5-5 or 6-4 either way considering the swing rounds. I scored it a draw and gave Broner rounds 4-7 and round 10, but it it's not an easy fight to score.
      Last edited by BafanaBafana; 03-04-2013, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• I had PDL winning just on activity alone.
        All Broner seemed to be trying to do was catch him with a check hook the whole fight.
        Wasn't that suprised when they gave the W to Broner, you could see HBO was already trying to build the kid up.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
          I had PDL winning just on activity alone.
          All Broner seemed to be trying to do was catch him with a check hook the whole fight.
          Wasn't that suprised when they gave the W to Broner, you could see HBO was already trying to build the kid up.
          By activity alone WTF???

The figher who lands more punches wins the fight period.

Now IF the fighter who lands more punches gets completely rocked and wobbled by the other fighter than I could understand but that never happened in the Broner vs PDL fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
            Not true read the actual queens whatever its called rules and it states punches landed with the knuckles are scoring punches.

It also talks about how an effective punch but that is purely subjective and last time I checked Broner was never stunned, wobbled, or whatever by any of PDL punches.

So what rounds did you haters give PDL?
            Yes they contribute to scoring but one scoring blow does not equal one "point" or whatever as implied by your post.

You're actually using the "subjective" card in terms of how good a punch is.

"Well I know that right hand over the job popped his head right back but well in my opinion that punch wasn't very good, it is subjective after all. I'd say it's about as good as a light jab to the body"

Comment

• Originally posted by KRITKL View Post
              I had PDL winning just on activity alone.
              I watched it a couple of months after it actually happened and I was surprised Lederman had the fight for Ponce.

Comment

• Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
                By activity alone WTF???

The figher who lands more punches wins the fight period.

Now IF the fighter who lands more punches gets completely rocked and wobbled by the other fighter than I could understand but that never happened in the Broner vs PDL fight.
                WTF are you talking about?smh....
                You sound more ******ed than Bam Bam. So was PDL rocked and wobbled by Broner?.....
                So what do we have to go on other then the guy who was making the fight. Please don't say Broner was landing the cleaner harder punches, a couple punches landing a round doesn't win you the round ask Pac. As far as PDL not landing, why do you think Broner wasn't opening up if PDL didn't land anything.

Comment

• Round 1: close but Ponce
                  Round 2: close again-Ponce
                  Round 3: clear for Ponce
                  Round 4: edge to Broner
                  Round 5: clear for Broner
                  Round 6: close again. I'd say Broner landed the harder shots.
                  Round 7: pretty clear for Broner.
                  Round 8: close. Ponce on activity. Could go either way really
                  Round 9: Broner. Ponce came on strong towards the end though.
                  Round 10: 10-9 Broner but just barely

So I score it 96-94 Broner. And the rounds Adrien won I felt were much more clear. The only real clear Ponce round was the 3rd for me. He landed fairly well in every round, but 3 of the ones he won were basically on activity for me. Broner landed the cleaner shots imo. Close fight. No robbery here. That 99-91 scorecard was awful though.

Comment

I watched it a couple of months after it actually happened and I was surprised Lederman had the fight for Ponce.
                    Did he I forget. I watched it live and I remember the HBO crew hyping up Broner...could be wrong.

Comment

Yes they contribute to scoring but one scoring blow does not equal one "point" or whatever as implied by your post.

You're actually using the "subjective" card in terms of how good a punch is.

"Well I know that right hand over the job popped his head right back but well in my opinion that punch wasn't very good, it is subjective after all. I'd say it's about as good as a light jab to the body"
                      The supposed hard right is the subjective part but there is nothing subjective about 4 jabs landing and the other guy lands a hard right hand that didnt wobble the guy.

Comment

Working...
                      X