No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Would Not Rule Out Facing Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatdudespits
    I wonder if anyone on this site can be objective at all.... look at the facts... Cotto would be sergios toughest test since P.Will...

Facts....

Sergio Martinez is not a GREAT defensive fighter.... his best defense is his foot speed and angles. He can be hit.... he can be hurt...

Cotto has above average foot speed... he moves very well.... and Cotto's defense is MUCH better than appreciated... dont let the scar tissue fool you... Cotto was not getting tagged up in either the Mayweather or Trout fight.... he's not easy to hit.
    understand at the JMW limit Cotto is a +10 on compubox +- rating.

Sergio is not a combination puncher... 1's and 1,2's all night like he did Chavez is not going to work in this fight... he will need a different gameplan.

I dont know if Cottos power will be relevant in this fight.... as Cotto landed some devistating left hooks on Austin Trout, and Trout was never truly hurt.

I have no question Miguel will be able to catch up with sergio... I think this fight doesnt go the distance... however I think its a great fight... hard to pick a winner

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    Cotto would be a very very live opponent in this fight...

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
      I wonder if anyone on this site can be objective at all.... look at the facts... Cotto would be sergios toughest test since P.Will... Facts....

Sergio Martinez is not a GREAT defensive fighter.... his best defense is his foot speed and angles. He can be hit.... he can be hurt...

Cotto has above average foot speed... he moves very well.... and Cotto's defense is MUCH better than appreciated... dont let the scar tissue fool you... Cotto was not getting tagged up in either the Mayweather or Trout fight.... he's not easy to hit.

Sergio is not a combination puncher... 1's and 1,2's all night like he did Chavez is not going to work in this fight... he will need a different gameplan.

I dont know if Cottos power will be relevant in this fight.... as Cotto landed some devistating left hooks on Austin Trout, and Trout was never truly hurt.

I have no question Miguel will be able to catch up with sergio... I think this fight doesnt go the distance... however I think its a great fight... hard to pick a winner

To bad he and the rest of the 147 lb division didn't even want to see a picture of Williams when he was there. On the other hand Maravilla fought him twice one fight where it could have gone either way and the second he obliterated him in two rounds. Martinez would beat Cotto now, before, and after. Cotto would not hurt him at all considering he has fought way bigger fighters and hasn't been KO'ed by them. I am not downing Cotto but this would be a nightmare matchup for him.

Comment

even a dehydrated sergio will ko cotto

Comment

lolol I like Cotto but I don't think a prime cotto could take on Martinez now. If they were to fight he would be made his *****. Probably an early KO or bloody stoppage

Comment

Leave Cotto alone!!! Sergio needs to fight a current top ten middleweight if he's not willing to take on GGG!!! Cotto's best is behind him, stop talking like he's able to compete at the top anymore, he's NOT! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by thatdudespits View Post
              I wonder if anyone on this site can be objective at all.... look at the facts... Cotto would be sergios toughest test since P.Will...

Facts....

Have you seen any Martinez fights lol. Martinez gets hit half as much as Cotto. I have no idea how you think Cotto could possibly stop Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                Leave Cotto alone!!! Sergio needs to fight a current top ten middleweight if he's not willing to take on GGG!!! Cotto's best is behind him, stop talking like he's able to compete at the top anymore, he's NOT! Ray.
                Sergio said he wants to fight GGG soon. And Martin Murray is #7 on Ring magazines middleweights

Comment

@ any weight decided upon, this would b a worse mismatch than vs Jr...Sergio by tko b4 9....cotto throwzx out names but an elite boxer @ '54/'60 would have an eazt time w/him, even a no punch guy like Trout...

Comment

Cotto has a chance to beat Sergio he's old his body is starting to break down with injuries and sometimes Sergio leaves himself open and plays stupid like he did in the last round with Chavez but he is bigger and stronger it will be a tough fight for cotto but at least he has the balls to fight anybody

Comment

• Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      Cotto has a chance to beat Sergio he's old his body is starting to break down with injuries and sometimes Sergio leaves himself open and plays stupid like he did in the last round with Chavez but he is bigger and stronger it will be a tough fight for cotto but at least he has the balls to fight anybody
                      Sorry to break it to you but no he doesn't. Sergio would flat lay Cotto out and put him on a stretcher.

Comment

Working...
                      X