No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: Mayweather Reneged On Agreement To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
    how can you people defend Floyd by saying Canelo is a nobody and hasn't fought anybody, when floyd already agreed verbally to fight Canelo in September if the both win on the May 4 card?

it seems as if Floyd feels there's a reason to not fight Canelo if he beats Trout, and money obviously isn't the problem unless he's asking for more than what Floyd is willing to give him. the only other reason besides money is the fact that Floyd thinks Canelo is a huge risk if he's able to beat Trout convincingly

stop this bull**** about Canelo is a nobody, when Floyd already AGREED to fight him!
    Floyd verbally agreed to fight Canelo in September if both Canelo and Floyd won their upcoming fights?According to who Canelo?There`s 2 sides to every story idiot.Wait to when you hear Floyd side of the story then draw your own conclusions.

Nonito Donaire claimed that Rigon was avoiding testing but then that turned out to be a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      Nobody cares but you're here AND you read it.

Pampered but yet he's fighting Trout, the guy who put a whooping on Cotto. You guys crack me up.
      About time he fought someone with a pulse,Floyd has been fighting top level competition for years.While canelo who got his belt virtually handed to him has been fighting bums and washed up fighters for years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenChamp View Post
        Lol! Yeah, it's so funny. The IQ level of some of the people who post here is pathetic. A 22 year old fighting the best in the division and he's pampered? Lmfao! If Floyd had half the courage of Canelo, he would be the greatest ever.
        Yeah Canelo fighting blown up weak or old welterweights through out his career took a lot of Courage (sarcasm).

Floyd has been fighting top quality fighters consistently ever since he was 17-0.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
          Yeah Canelo fighting blown up weak or old welterweights through out his career took a lot of Courage (sarcasm).

Floyd has been fighting top quality fighters consistently ever since he was 17-0.
          under bob arum who cherry picked guys with no shot to fight floyd, lol, then floyd got the robbery victory over a limited fighter castillo who isnt exactly a hall of famer either, lol
          Last edited by Tha_Greatest; 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post

i guess floyd showed the world how to fight against nobodies and cherry picked opponents while making a name for stardom from a awful performance under a fight against a old de la hoya, lol, what a joke, oscar looked young against a prime floyd, floyds dad was crying cause he thought his son lost

Comment

It's simple.

Canelo is a threat.

Floyd only takes fights where he has every advantage.

Even his boy 50 said that.

Although I think Floyd beats Canelo he clearly doesn't want the risk

Floyd has won 2 belts at sww so there is no excuse for moving up

I'm fact how can u be moving up if u are already a current belt holder there?

It is what it is.

Money may is a prize fighter not a pride fighter.

Easy money first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                Canelo hasn't really beaten anybody so how can he fight Mayweather? He has his hands full with Trout whom he can not beat to start off with so he should just shut up and take his coming beating like a man.
                In any case Mayweather is a 147lbs fighter.
                No he doest trout is a bum,so what excuses are you going to make when Canelo knocks out your secound hero trout?. like it or not Canelo bring the most money to the table besides PAC and cotto so it would make sense that may would fight him. The problem here is you are racist piece of crap. You only look at may skin and if Canelo was black you would have his balls in your mouth

Comment

So the verbal agreement Canelo had was if they both won they would fight in September not that Canelo gets the Floyd fight win or lose. He had to beat Trout to get the Floyd fight. All of you that say what has Canelo done to "earn" a Mayweather fight are not thinking clearly. If he beats Trout then he has earned a Mayweather fight more than anybody. If he is this hypejob you say he is then Trout will beat him so what are you worried about?Mayweather wants no part of Canelo and that should be obvious. Why wouldn't he agree to fight him in September if he ever intended to fight him? Canelo is the best paying fight Floyd could possibly have so it's clear he won't fight him. If Trout wins Mayweather won't fight him either. Cotto is where Mayweather's run at 154 starts and ends. Canelo is not fighting a midget. He is not fighting a bum. He is not fighting a washed up old man. He is fighting Trout, a 26 year old undefeated 154 pound champion in his prime. Trout is the #1 Jr. middleweight in the world and that's who Canelo is fighting. Quit your *****ing.

Comment

It all depends on how things turn out, Canelo may be victorious against Trout but what if the decision is controversial? Or it's a fight that could have gone either way, in that case heavily warranting a rematch. At the end of the day I'm glad, I did doubt Canelo for a split second, even I admit it was hard to believe that he would deny facing a top Jr MW if Floyd didn't guarantee him a fight for September. If this doesn't go so smooth for Canelo in the ring, be it it's controversial or insanely close, Floyd's options become limited, I could see him facing Kell Brook, but Brook has a tough opponent ahead.

Comment

• When will people get it through their thick skulls that boxing (while thrilling to us) is a business. When fights don't happen heart is the last thing you check because heart has nothing to do with purse sizes, which is what any sane person would worry about. I don't get why "fans" inject so much emotion into something which should be fairly easy to comprehend?

If I had to guess, I'd say some folks are just too shallow to analyze facts, they get caught up by the theatrics of the sport while its substance utterly eludes them. Canelo hasn't earned the distinction of being worthy of ducking, so until he proves he's a legitimate threat maybe we should see this for what it is.

Comment

Working...
                      X