No announcement yet.

Golden Boy should pull out of the May 4th fight all together

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
    Very valid points guys. I know they will never pull out cause Floyd makes them money but I worded it all wrong. Ill ask u this. What would Floyd do without Golden Boy?
    sorry man but this thread is dumb,no superstar needs a promoter the promoters needs superstars.

pac is a freaking superstar he can tell bob to go fuk himself anytime he wants same thing miguel cotto,floyd and oscar did.

does tom brady need the patriots or does the patriots need tom brady?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
      Very valid points guys. I know they will never pull out cause Floyd makes them money but I worded it all wrong. Ill ask u this. What would Floyd do without Golden Boy?
      GBP wants Floyd, not the other way around. There are a ton of different promoters who would do anything to get Floyd, including Arum. Floyd can fight anyone he wants and he would still have Haymon who is more powerful than GBP.

Comment

Bad idea for GBP.

GBP know Mayweather wants to work with them which means they make money, a lot of it.

They'd be fools to try and pull a stunt like this.
        Last edited by IronDanHamza; 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Floyd doesnt necessarily need GBP..no star needs to be promoted once they get to a certain level..the reason for being signed is so that the promoters foot the bill to invest and promote you..to build you into a superstar, so that the investment pays off..but Floyd already has his superstar status, so he would still sell..luckily for him, he has a good relationship with GBP..and uses their ties to his advantage!!

Comment

You really think they're stupid enough to hurt their relationship with Floyd?
            Who do they have that can bring in his type of revenue.... Canelo?
            I forgot about how many PPV's he's sold
            Theoretically it's in the billions

Comment

They should so they all can come together and straighten things out with the fighters, but they're too proud and aren't going to cancel a thing

Comment

Originally posted by chuckguy View Post
                very valid points guys. I know they will never pull out cause floyd makes them money but i worded it all wrong. Ill ask u this. What would floyd do without golden boy?
                he has showtime/cbs!!!!!

Comment

Mayweather wouldn't use them if he didn't have to. GBP basically put the event together sorting out the undercard etc. How long will it be before 5 cent comes knocking to put his fighters on the card? It's going to happen if not this fight then the next one.

Comment

That would be one of the most bafflingly stupid business moves, ever.

Comment

Half the people ordering this fight could probably give a **** less about Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X