No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angelo Santana Faces Ismael Barroso, 4/12 on ShoBox

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
    I meant better when it's all said and done, you got me.

I just have seen Santana in the gym and seen guys not come out for the next round because they can't take the body shots he's throwing.

Just quit in the corner in a sparring session.
    Yeesh. I know the kid hits pretty hard, but that sounds brutal.

The trouble with both Rigo and Gamboa is that they entered the pros too late. It didn't hurt them in the same way. Yuri was able to adjust better because of his natural style, which is better suited to the pros. But still, Gamboa never had the chance to develop his career the way most do. Guillermo spent too much time in the amateurs, in my opinion. His style will probably never be what it could've been. If it ever catches up, it'll be too late to make an impact.

Santana already has a very pleasing boxer-puncher style. Angelo the skills and talent to fight technically, but his natural aggression and power make him an exciting fighter to watch. He can go very far. I just hope he hooks up with a better promoter soon and puts his career on the fast track.

Comment

Very good news eh?..all you said is clearly true...thid guy should be great..I will like Don king to match him against somebody dangerous..perhaps Beltran jr..somebody like that...this kid have 200 amateur wins and is two times cuban national champion that's something hard to achive...he literally won everything he compete for...

Comment

No way I put santana anywhere near Gamboa or Rigo skillwise

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanboss87 View Post
          No way I put santana anywhere near Gamboa or Rigo skillwise
          Yo se lo que tu dices pero el chama tiene 24 años..Gamboa tiene 31 y Rigo 32...Lara tiene 30...de todos los cubanos que hoy son pro solo como 5 son menores de 27(que aun tienen tiempo para ser estrellas)..y de esos Santana es el que mejor despunta...Santana gano el Playa Giron y el Giraldo Cordoba Cardin siendo bien joven...el punto ese que el despingo to' en su ultima pelea le acabava de ganar en su ultima pelea a Yordenis Ugas y el se lo paso por la ping....lol...creeme man...Angelo es un monstruo y va a llegar mas lejos que muchos cubanos...el Maja Socarras es otro que tiene tiempo pero yo quisiera verlo contra alguien violento primero...

Comment

Good to know Angelo fighting again I like his boxing style.

Comment

Originally posted by *ANGRY CUBAN* View Post
              Yo se lo que tu dices pero el chama tiene 24 años..Gamboa tiene 31 y Rigo 32...Lara tiene 30...de todos los cubanos que hoy son pro solo como 5 son menores de 27(que aun tienen tiempo para ser estrellas)..y de esos Santana es el que mejor despunta...Santana gano el Playa Giron y el Giraldo Cordoba Cardin siendo bien joven...el punto ese que el despingo to' en su ultima pelea le acabava de ganar en su ultima pelea a Yordenis Ugas y el se lo paso por la ping....lol...creeme man...Angelo es un monstruo y va a llegar mas lejos que muchos cubanos...el Maja Socarras es otro que tiene tiempo pero yo quisiera verlo contra alguien violento primero...
              Vamos a ver bro, tiene talento de eso no hay duda y el chama es bueno. pero no se acere no lo veo en ese nivel, claro que va a tener mas oportunidades que rigo y gamboa pero ya veremos don king lo ha embaracado un poco

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanboss87 View Post
                Vamos a ver bro, tiene talento de eso no hay duda y el chama es bueno. pero no se acere no lo veo en ese nivel, claro que va a tener mas oportunidades que rigo y gamboa pero ya veremos don king lo ha embaracado un poco
                People are born with different levels of talent. Guys like Gamboa and Rigo don't come along very often. While I agree that Santana doesn't have their pure talent, Anglelo is fortunate enough to have started his pro career much earlier. That advantage is going to take him very far, as long as Santana stays healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  People are born with different levels of talent. Guys like Gamboa and Rigo don't come along very often. While I agree that Santana doesn't have their pure talent, Anglelo is fortunate enough to have started his pro career much earlier. That advantage is going to take him very far, as long as Santana stays healthy.
                  I could see that. we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Last time I saw him I saw something big on him...I liked everything..but I admired his technique and the way that he picked his opponent apart...he is heavy handed with great technique and his not afraid of get hit..I want to see him against somebody tough...

Comment

Originally posted by *ANGRY CUBAN* View Post
                      Socarras tiene que aprender unas cuantas cosas de sparring con Rigo y dejar de fajarse como un loco. But I like it.

Comment

Working...
                      X