No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hectari View Post
    If I was Canelo I would jump ship and sign with Bob Arum and Todd Dubeof, Golden boy is basically Haymons b1tch.

Canelo should sign with Top Rank and could be one of HBO's newer stars and draws.
    Who does Top Rank have for him to fight other than Vanes?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      this is bad. Ive said all along that I disagree with everyone about Floyd-Ghost. I still think that fight will sell big on its own. People act like Canelo has always been on Floyd's card. Ghost is a Mexican, who looks white, speaks well, has great credentials, and people will eat up the story about his wifes battle with cancer. Not to mention the black vs whit thing. That will sell big.

The problem is now that everyone thought Canelo-Trout would be the undercard. Its better to have nothing at all then to have and then have lost. Meaning that if they never talked about it being on the undercard then I think the fight still wouldve sold well but this will make people so upset that they could lose some buys.

As for the Floyd-Canelo thing, I can see Floyd being very interested in a Canelo fight but not wanting to commit to it. Floyd is probably figuring that he's the biggest star in boxing so why would he have to commit to someone. He may fight him but they will decide that after. Not predetermine stuff. That kinda stuff is hard to workout. Right now I see Canelo fighting Trout on a separate card which is bad for business all around. Might make the Floyd-Ghost tix cheaper & easier to get though
      could you give us an example of this whole white vs black thing in boxing from the recent past? this aint the 1915 and jack johnson stopped boxing a long time ago...

who do you think is watchin all these fights by black boxers? only blacks?!? there might be some boxing fans who still see things like you said but for the most the black vs white rivalry in boxing is a thing of the past. especially when your "white" guy is a mexican, an ethnicity who is heavily discriminated by "real" whites.

i mean we have 2 heavyweight champions, whiter than guerrero on a cold december day beating black fighters on the regular and whites dont give a *****, c'mon dude, honestly...

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
        They will pay to see if canelo is the real deal. Just like fans supported
        chavez jr with his fight against martinez.
        Martinez is more popular than Austin Trout.

You need two to tango, and Austin Trout is not popular. Adrien Broner is more popular than Austin Trout and he hasn't even fought a fighter as popular as Miguel Cotto. Trout even with beating Cotto is still pretty unknown. I mean people who know about Mayweather, Pacquiao, Broner, Cotto, Canelo, I ask them about Austin Trout and they say they don't know who that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Canelo is ****** to make demands at this stage of his career when negotiating with the biggest star in the sport. If he fights on the undercard and wins, it would create massive demand for a Floyd fight and it would most likely happen next.
          Maybe. But on the other hand here's Canelo clearly calling out Mayweather. If it doesn't happen the pressure won't be on him.

Comment

knowing floyd, if canelo backs out, floyd would probably never fight him then just to get back at him.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              canelo-angulo is a exciting matchup.
              Wait. You mean like right now?? After he said he's facing Trout?? As a boxing fan, this is acceptable to you??

Comment

Originally posted by -vincenzo- View Post
                could you give us an example of this whole white vs black thing in boxing from the recent past? this aint the 1915 and jack johnson stopped boxing a long time ago...

who do you think is watchin all these fights by black boxers? only blacks?!? there might be some boxing fans who still see things like you said but for the most the black vs white rivalry in boxing is a thing of the past. especially when your "white" guy is a mexican, an ethnicity who is heavily discriminated by "real" whites.

i mean we have 2 heavyweight champions, whiter than guerrero on a cold december day beating black fighters on the regular and whites dont give a *****, c'mon dude, honestly...
                its a thing of the past because there arent any good white guys. Its just like the NBA. White people are watching all the blacks to but it doesnt mean they wouldnt rather see another Larry Bird to rival Lebron. That wasnt my biggest argument anyways though. The main thing was all the other stuff. Just the fact of him looking white, being Mexican, the wife with Cancer, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                  Wait. You mean like right now?? After he said he's facing Trout?? As a boxing fan, this is acceptable to you??
                  As a you know who fan.... anybody is acceptable

Comment

I can understand Canelo's stance. It's in the back of his mind that if there is no agreement in place, then in theory he could beat Trout and still not get the Mayweather fight.
                    Thing is, if he doesn't fight on the May 4th card Mayweather may not look at him at his next opponent after Guerrero?
                    Maybe he would be best to take on Trout on May 4th first and see what happens then, who knows..as i said though, i can see his stance as he brings alot to the May 4th card.

I just hope the Canelo vs Trout fight goes ahead regardless of the date. As its one im looking forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Well i would prefer canelo-trout,But if a deal dont work out,U gotta
                      move on

Comment

Working...
                      X