Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure this is a case of Mayweather telling Canelo's team that they do not dictate what Mayweather does or who he fights. Floyd walked away from a rematch with Oscar De La Hoya when De La Hoya refused to give hm equal billing and money. Now that Floyd is the one in control, he is not going to let a b-side fighter demand anything from him. Whether the people on this board want to accept it or not, Alvarez is a b-side fighter compared to Mayweather. If Alvarez-Trout is held separately, it will not be on PPV because Alvarez cannot carry a PPV card. Mayweather/Guerrero will sell 1 million PPVs regardless of whether Alvarez-Trout is on the card or not. If Alvarez-Trout are on the card, it would only be responsible for an extra 100,000 PPVs at most. Alvarez will understand soon enough that he is a product of great marketing and is only a star as long as GBP puts him in the ring with over the hill fighters, 140-pounders and journeyman. Regardless of when the fight is fought, after Alvarez fights Trout, he will be exposed the way Amir Khan has been exposed and will no be the star attraction that he thinks he is.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He asked Dan Rafael if Canelo was ducking Trout. Dan responded and said that he wants Trout but doesn't want it on Floyd's card without a guarantee.
      Good for Canelo to make it sure! Floyd's a Known Ducker! Canelo & Trout are the only Threat among Floyd's Cherry Picks! He wants a Guarantee!

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
        That doesn't mean ****. There is not enough time between now and May 4 to introduce the world to Robert Guerrero. Hell Floyd was a decorated P4P top fighter and he could barely crack 300,000 PPV buys until he fought Oscar. Floyd barely did a million with Marquez back in 2009 with JMM coming off the second Pac fight. A very small percentage of the viewing public has HBO, in order to do big numbers on PPV you have to have two guys with a built in fan base. Its been proven time and time again.

How many people on these boards have been saying the only reason they will buy the PPV is because of Canelo/Trout the last few days? Floyd needs to nut up and sign this thing for September.
        How much time do you need? 1st off Showtime is affiliated with CBS which brings in an even bigger fanbase. Then you say Floyd didnt sell until Oscar but now Floyd is the new Oscar. Infact, he's even bigger. Thats the point. As for the HBO thing, this is on Showtime and they always show the fightcamp/24/7 type stuff on basic TV also. People will see it. Not to mention you also have guys like Skip Bayless cosigning it and saying he's believing in the Ghost.

The casual fan is more than naive enough to believe that. Also, alot of fans on here thought the JMM fight was a joke fight. The media even reported it as that. They wanted to say Floyd was too big. No one is saying that now
        Last edited by DLT; 02-26-2013, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          I see what canelo wants,Makes sense
          I side with Canelo on this one. Canelo vs. Trout can do 300,000 buys minimum. And Canelo will get a flat purse plus PPV upside.

On a Floyd undercard, he probably gets the same purse but no PPV upside.

That's a lot of money he's giving up by being on an undercard. So he wants a guaranteed payday with Floyd so he can make fighting on an undercard worth it for him.

He's looking out for his own financial interests and you can't really knock him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            I wish he was still fighting Alexander with out Canelo on the undercard...

so I could laugh
            that fight can not sell for ****, lol, i wouldnt really care about the results, , 2 boxers, lol, id go to sleep instead cause no way in hell will i be entertained by this garbage, lol, kirkland floyd is better but i wouldnt buy it either

Comment

Now let's see how Canelo-Trout does by itself. So many people saying they're only buying the Mayweather-Guerrero PPV fight because of Canelo-Trout. Now let's see if Canelo-Trout will be on PPV, how many people will buy it.

Canelo-Trout as a Main event PPV: 200-300k.

Mayweather-Guerrero/Broner: 900k-1.2Mill by it self, 1.4-1.5Mill with the Canelo-Trout undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                I thought he just said he didn't know and was going from what he's been told?

I think he hasn't got a clue what's happening.
                It's possible. A lot of people have been wrong with these tweets and articles.

The NSAC has a meeting this Thursday and this is their last meeting before May 4th. So I would assume they would want to know full details of what's going on by this week at the latest.

Comment

The card is junk without Canelo on it.

I expect 1.1 million buys max.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Now let's see how Canelo-Trout does by itself. So many people saying they're only buying the Mayweather-Guerrero PPV fight because of Canelo-Trout. Now let's see if Canelo-Trout will be on PPV, how many people will buy it.

Canelo-Trout as a Main event PPV: 200-300k.

Mayweather-Guerrero/Broner: 900k-1.2Mill by it self, 1.4-1.5Mill with the Canelo-Trout undercard.
                    and then let Canelo try to get a Floyd fight after that. He will be raped by Floyd if that plays out

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
                      The card is junk without Canelo on it.

I expect 1.1 million buys max.
                      1.1 is garbage now?

Comment

Working...
                      X