No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    It doesnt take the luster off, it in no way changes the probability of who will win Canelo-Trout. Canelo still has to beat Trout
    I get you, and I'd hope he'd have to win - I didn't mean to imply that it would change the action in the ring, it's still a close fight no doubt. It's just that this is where boxing sets itself up for disaster because we'd like not to think that the scoring a fight is going to be influenced by outside factors, having other plans in motion before the bells ring in May puts that cloud around the fight, not just Canelo-Trout but also Floyd-Guerrero. My only interest is having the fights appear to be on the up-and-up beforehand and not have fans think every decision is going to be robbery that night. Either no contract at all, or draw up two - one for Canelo and one for Trout.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Ishe Smith/Carlos Molina
      What a **** fight that would be.

Guerrero is almost a no-name with the casuals. Less known then Ortiz and the Mexicans haven't backed him yet in a big way. They would need to pull off a promotional miracle to reach 1 million without Canelo.

Comment

• Christ cinnamon has NEVER headlined a PPV in his career, there's no barometer numbers behind him.Obviously they see Trout as a huge risk at the expense of trying to cash out every dime they can.Expect a rusty Angulo who struggled with 20 yr old rated #88 AT WW to be next.

Comment

• why are they insisting on putting canelo as undercad in the first place? the kid thinks he's no longer an undercard ppv fighter so let him be...unless he gets something out of it which what he's demanding. if floyd is not willing to give what he wants then find somebody else to be your undercard.

Comment

• not buying without a strong undercard, Floud wants no part of a real JMW (Cotto isn't a real JMW), Floyd will not fight a guy bigger or faster than him, this looks like a ****ty way to end a career

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
              not buying without a strong undercard, Floud wants no part of a real JMW (Cotto isn't a real JMW), Floyd will not fight a guy bigger or faster than him, this looks like a ****ty way to end a career
              So, who's this that's faster than Floyd now??

Comment

• People stating that Canelo not being on the card wouldn't help Mayweather's numbers are just plain delusional. Canelo is a household name with the Hispanic community, fight is on May 4th how could it possibly be a bad thing? It's a shame because I don't think Mayweather is afraid of Canelo, but I do think his ego prevents this from happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by brick wall View Post
                  why are they insisting on putting canelo as undercad in the first place? the kid thinks he's no longer an undercard ppv fighter so let him be...unless he gets something out of it which what he's demanding. if floyd is not willing to give what he wants then find somebody else to be your undercard.
                  Canelo knows Mayweather will never fight him win or lose to Trout. He knows he will make more money fighting on a separate date than being on PBF's undercard. Floyd has three choices to make: 1. Let Canelo go. 2. Guarantee a September fight. 3. Offer Canelo the equivalent amount Alvarez would get fighting on his own where he is the main card.

Comment

• I really don't think the 36 year old Mayweather will agree to fight the 22 year old Canelo whether he beats Trout or not. What Floyd will do is take full credit for the pay for view sales Canelo will help sell if he fights on the same card as Floyd. Canelo should just forget about fighting Mayweather because it may never happen. He should be a good champion and fight Trout in a separate event. That fight would make good money on it's own. If Canelo beats Trout he could make big money fighting Cotto or Martinez and those fights are more likely to happen. He wouldn't make Mayweather type money but he would be well paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      I really don't think the 36 year old Mayweather will agree to fight the 22 year old Canelo whether he beats Trout or not. What Floyd will do is take full credit for the pay for view sales Canelo will help sell if he fights on the same card as Floyd. Canelo should just forget about fighting Mayweather because it may never happen. He should be a good champion and fight Trout in a separate event. That fight would make good money on it's own. If Canelo beats Trout he could make big money fighting Cotto or Martinez and those fights are more likely to happen. He wouldn't make Mayweather type money but he would be well paid.
                      Wow, what an ambitious fan. So canelo should fight Trout on a separate card then try to fight Martinez?? Go from fighting bums, shot fighters & grandpa's to the big dawgs huh??

Comment

Working...
                      X