No announcement yet.

Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
    just get canelo his own date.He shouldint risk getting robbed by haymon.
    Fight angulo or smith,Maybe even delvin rodriguez.
    Save Smith for Cotto so he can get a win. LOL

I still want to see Canelo vs. Cotto.

Comment

Oh Here you go. He wants Trout but doesn't want the fight on Floyd's card:

danrafaelespn
      @LakerDevon @NoDoubtTrout Not true. Canelo will fightTrout but doesnt want it on Floyd's card w/out guarantee he gets Floyd if they both win

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Oh Here you go. He wants Trout but doesn't want the fight on Floyd's card:

danrafaelespn
        @LakerDevon @NoDoubtTrout Not true. Canelo will fightTrout but doesnt want it on Floyd's card w/out guarantee he gets Floyd if they both win
        Who is LakerDevon?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
          I dont buy it as I said in my 1st post. The only thing that could hurt it now is that everyone thought the Canelo-Trout would be on it so that will put a bad taste in there mouth but if no one ever thought they were on it, then I bet he could get a mil with the Ghost.

Again, he's a Mexican, looks white, fighting a black man, is decorated, is a great speaker, and his wife has the Cancer story. People are so underrating what a fight like that could sell like. Its not about the big name anymore. Its about the story.

The story brings the casual fan in when they are watching those 24/7 type shows. Add that to the fact that you do have alot of people thinking the Ghost would give him trouble anyways
          That doesn't mean ****. There is not enough time between now and May 4 to introduce the world to Robert Guerrero. Hell Floyd was a decorated P4P top fighter and he could barely crack 300,000 PPV buys until he fought Oscar. Floyd barely did a million with Marquez back in 2009 with JMM coming off the second Pac fight. A very small percentage of the viewing public has HBO, in order to do big numbers on PPV you have to have two guys with a built in fan base. Its been proven time and time again.

How many people on these boards have been saying the only reason they will buy the PPV is because of Canelo/Trout the last few days? Floyd needs to nut up and sign this thing for September.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Who is LakerDevon?
            He asked Dan Rafael if Canelo was ducking Trout. Dan responded and said that he wants Trout but doesn't want it on Floyd's card without a guarantee.

Comment

I couldn't agree more, when they debut Fight Camp, they're going to market the hell out of the relationship side, Ghost is a Hollywood movie at this point, wife with cancer, out of the ring to care for kids, comeback at heavier weight, I almost feel sorry for Berto because they're going to replay clips of that Kermit the Frog beating over and over. Floyd gets to play the villain again, probably with a softer side, and they'll milk the father as trainer again aspect (which I think was a calculated PR move for this fight).

Fight will do 1M+ without or without Canelo.

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              I dont buy it as I said in my 1st post. The only thing that could hurt it now is that everyone thought the Canelo-Trout would be on it so that will put a bad taste in there mouth but if no one ever thought they were on it, then I bet he could get a mil with the Ghost.

Again, he's a Mexican, looks white, fighting a black man, is decorated, is a great speaker, and his wife has the Cancer story. People are so underrating what a fight like that could sell like. Its not about the big name anymore. Its about the story.

The story brings the casual fan in when they are watching those 24/7 type shows. Add that to the fact that you do have alot of people thinking the Ghost would give him trouble anyways

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
                That is ridiculous. Floyd probably wouldn't mind committing to Canelo in Sept. if he wasn't fighting Trout. He probably feels there's a good chance Trout beats Canelo and of course if that happens, the fight won't be as big. Canelo might drop Trout because of this whole mess.
                nice theory homie

Comment

He asked Dan Rafael if Canelo was ducking Trout. Dan responded and said that he wants Trout but doesn't want it on Floyd's card without a guarantee.
                  I thought he just said he didn't know and was going from what he's been told?

I think he hasn't got a clue what's happening.

Comment

Broner will be the co main event..

Ppl will but to see broner

The can man is the best

Comment

I see what canelo wants,Makes sense

Comment

Working...
                      X