Dan Rafeal Tweets Canelo may not fight on Floyd Undercard after all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    People actually think Mayweather won't fight Canelo

Just last year it was considered a joke if he fought him instead of Cotto.

What's he done since then? Beat Lopez

Let's see the tune's change when he fights him.
    I doubt the supposed plan to fight Alvarez in September, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't fight Alvarez this year. It's almost certainly going to happen if neither loses.

Comment

• Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      ok........heres what i want you guys to answer me. I have 1 main question...........

canelo wants a guaranteed fight with mayweather (if both guys win)

QUESTION ONE

what if canelo gets a close life and death SD win against trout? or what if he robs trout all together & canelo is awarded A gift? this is not out of the question in fact i think it's a 60% chance that this could happen.

A fight like that would destroy the marketability for floyd vs canelo. because if gbp knows a guaranteed mayweather bout hangs after trout theres a chance that all canelo would have to do is make it to the final bell & he gets the decision regardless of what happens.

so what if canelo goes life & death with trout or gets a huge gift?

this is why looking ahead of opponents (and signing a guaranteed fight) is always difficult and i think someone in team mayweather understands that.
      This right here.

Canelo has done nothing to demand a fight with Floyd. Being popular is his only calling card right now cause that fight would sell big if Canelo wins his next match. If he don't fight Trout on May 4 might as well drop him from the card. Canelo will do ratings at have a good gate on his own, but he is still far away of headlining a ppv event successfully

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        I doubt the supposed plan to fight Alvarez in September, but I'd be shocked if he doesn't fight Alvarez this year. It's almost certainly going to happen if neither loses.
        I think that's the plan.

I think the fact they have reserved September (A Mexican holiday) just further shows that's the plan.

I think that's the only logical reason they have booked dates so close, to make the most of the Mexican Holiday with Canelo.

Comment

• inb4floydscaredofcanelo

Comment

• Ok, I can see how Canelo may be refusing to fight on that day to boost PPV sales for Floyd, in Canelo's defense he has a big following. HOWEVER, even if Floyd refuses the guarantee, I still expect Canelo to fight Trout on a different date as a main event. No excuses!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza
              People actually think Mayweather won't fight Canelo

Just last year it was considered a joke if he fought him instead of Cotto.

What's he done since then? Beat Lopez

Let's see the tune's change when he fights him.
              I've said before, the longer Floyd waits to fight Canelo the more dangerous he becomes. He will be gaining experience while Floyd loses his legs and reflexes as well as speed. If Floyd doesn't fight Canelo in September he never will IMO. Unless he wants to lose that 0 and just cares about the money.

Floyd got roughed up vs Cotto and Im thinking he's gonna get roughed up vs Guerrero regardless of what people think. Those are signs of Mayweather diminishing. We'll see how he looks May 4th.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• You gotta be kidding, Ginger getting more dangerous? How? Fighting junior welterweights? He's the most protected fighter in the sport and that's saying a lot when Chavez Jr. is out there.

Floyd would run a clinic on Canelo just like he's going to run a clinic on Ghost.

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                I've said before, the longer Floyd waits to fight Canelo the more dangerous he becomes. He will be gaining experience while Floyd loses his legs and reflexes as well as speed. If Floyd doesn't fight Canelo in September he never will IMO. Unless he wants to lose that 0 and just cares about the money.

Floyd got roughed up vs Cotto and Im thinking he's gonna get roughed up vs Guerrero regardless of what people think. Those are signs of Mayweather diminishing. We'll see how he looks May 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by josenoway
                  You gotta be kidding, Ginger getting more dangerous? How? Fighting junior welterweights? He's the most protected fighter in the sport and that's saying a lot when Chavez Jr. is out there.

Floyd would run a clinic on Canelo just like he's going to run a clinic on Ghost.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

If Canelo fights Trout that's great experience and if he loses to Trout they won't go back to fighting WWs. Loke I said, the more Floyd waits the more he loses his attributes so its not just about Canelo gaining experience.

Comment

• Why don't they simply stipulate on the contract that Alvarez has to win his fight against Trout in order to secure the Floyd fight? Who else is Floyd going to fight that will make that money if Alvarez wins?

Comment

• Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                      "Dan Rafael ‏@danrafaelespn

Issue with Alvarez-Trout is, from what I'm told, Floyd's unwillingness to commit contractually to an Alvarez fight in the fall (more)"

Sounds like what we heard from the start. Canelo's people want to know Floyd will fight him in exchange for helping him sell this crap PPV event.
                      Who cares, he's not beating Trout anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X