Video-Mayweather: "I'm about to cash out"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd went guerilla dawg there

Comment

It's obvious he's making a transition right now he's promoting more building a stable of fighters and training and working their corners. He's a good businessman and will do well after he retires from fighting he looks like he will have plenty other means of income. Although I think he does have a bit of a spending problem even for the amount of money he makes.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        Floyd went guerilla dawg there
        I'm a dog I'm a gorilla, I'm a gorilla I'm a dog!

Comment

Originally posted by _Gatti_ View Post
          Im cashing out = Easy Paydays

Its like a stick up = Gonna rob the fans
          It must be hard being a Mayweather fan. I was convinced that Floyd would call out Pac now that he got laid out but still he hesitates and seems disinterested, despite still being the biggest fight out there. Oh well, at least Floyd is being upfront with his intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by The904star View Post
            That new deal got Floyd feeling good. Spitting game like a old playa! 30 months and it's over.
            More like 3 months, once the Ghost puts it on him and hands him that L, Floyd will ride off in the sunset.

Comment

It looks like he treats the fighters he promotes as apart of his entourage

Sexy Lenny must be heartbroken. All those years, and he still isn't apart of Floyd's hangout crew

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                i think it's quite obvious that floyd is planning an exit strategy. this is the first time he's made it so explicit, and in simple terms at least that i am aware of.

he wants to get into promotion. it looks like he wants to be involved with showtime. we will see how long it lasts, or if he can grow the business through means other than simply throwing money at it.

he's got a huge investor, certainly. himself. if he can keep his act together, and spend money intelligently instead of throwing it away like a child, he can make some real noise. he's got the connections and the capital. all he needs is talent. then he's got to be smart and do things the right way in promoting the talent. if he does that, he can be a player. he's got the drive, certainly. he just needs to focus it on promoting.

i tend to doubt that floyd mayweather will be successful in his business endeavors. i'd love to see him prove me wrong, but i don't think he's responsible enough.
                You make a great point, Lets look at Floyd's situation realistically: Everything he makes is earned income....this dude feeds the IRS, including the taxes on any gambling winnings, luxury items, fight profits, etc. I bet if you really look at all his liability and the way he spends he probably gives most of his income to the government. Many athletes are in the same boat because all the money they make is on the table, i.e. the IRS knows about it.

The first problem Floyd will have is when he stops fighting he will no doubt realize how little his take was. Honestly most people who depend on earned income never realize how much they don't earn!

If he can succeed beyond this he will have to wise up. I actually believe that Floyd, much more than 50, is liked, respected and looked up to by fighters. His family name and skills as well as being a man of his word will pay dividends! I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                  It must be hard being a Mayweather fan. I was convinced that Floyd would call out Pac now that he got laid out but still he hesitates and seems disinterested, despite still being the biggest fight out there. Oh well, at least Floyd is being upfront with his intentions.
                  No.

Pacquio turned out to be suspect and exposed. And while it sucks for Floyd that he did not get paid...more important to him is that Arum did not get paid. Floyd wanted to ***** slap Arum and indeed he did!

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    I don't know what's so "awesome" about it. You can see really good fights all over the place. What difference does it make when they took place. Mayweather's "good" fights can be counted on the fingers of one hand, with a finger or two left over. other than Augustus, Castillo and perhaps Cotto, I didn't think any were worth re-watching.

When I run out of sleeping tabs I put on Baldomir or Gatti...
                    You are out of your mind. The Gatti fight was a pure masterpiece. that was a Symphony of an A$$whipping right there. I've never seen such artwork.

Comment

The best part is it sounds like hes finally gonna get his own reality show

Did anyone notice at the end he said theyd show it on CBS and he will sell the ad space. This dudes business accumen is unreal.

Comment

Working...
                      X