No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    Matthysse has one style of fighting while Peterson can box a bit more, Matthysse aint fighting old Judah or punk Alexander, hes fighting a young boxer puncher who can box a bit in the outside n better in the inside n has a solid chin
    Peterson's chin isn't a strong point, Tim Bradley for one had him badly hurt. He's durable as hell though which is one of his strengths, he's a hard man to keep down. Matthysse on the other hand has an excellent chin, but his durability might be more in question.

I find the recent revaluation of Peterson's boxing skills to be a bit fanciful. He's a decent boxer but nothing special, if he outboxes Matthysse from range it'll be a major development. Staying close and smothering Matthysse, hammering away on the inside definitely seems like his best strategy. It's a high wire act when the other guy has serious power and decent boxing ability but it's probably better than any of the alternatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      honestly, if you are a betting man, the draw may be the smartest money. you always doubt that it will happen, even in a close fight, but the odds will be damn good.
      Not in the betting world, draws are very unlikely and unpredictable

Comment

• I'm picking Lamont Peterson in a very close fight. I think that Lamont is the overall better fighter of the two because he is the more battle tested and has fought the stiffer competition. Matthysse is the bigger puncher of the two with underrated boxing skills but Lamont is the more versatile and flexible boxer. He can fight off the back foot as well as **** on the inside. While Matthysse is quick with good leverage on his punches and a beautifully timed right hand he still is pretty much a one dimensional fighter. The only way he knows how to fight is to pressure forward. I've yet to see him hurt or fight off his back foot. I expect Peterson to try to outbox him early but as the rounds go by, I expect him to get on the inside and back up Lucas up with his high guard defense, to smother his power, while launching a relentless body attack to the rib cage. lastly, I think the key to victory for Lucas, is to attempt to land the uppercut against Peterson's high guard defense while on the inside.

Comment

• having no respect for his power, lucas will walk down lamont trying to cut off the ring. lamont will start off boxing well, countering off of lucas' aggressiveness- winning a few rounds doing so....

then lamont will become overconfident, starting to exchange with the powerhouse. lamont ends up getting hurt, losing any speed he once had in is legs. matthysse's aggressiveness pays off, ko's lamont in the later rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
            Matthysse has one style of fighting while Peterson can box a bit more, Matthysse aint fighting old Judah or punk Alexander, hes fighting a young boxer puncher who can box a bit in the outside n better in the inside n has a solid chin

smdh

Comment

• Originally posted by AmericanEra View Post
              Peterson should box him up and win 8-4 or so.
              Lucas is a better fighter in the middle of the ring, and off the back foot than Peterson. Peterson is very one dimensional, and hasn't fought off the back foot effectively since Bradley

Comment

• will this fight go all 12?

Comment

• **** it's still monday...

Comment

• Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Not in the betting world, draws are very unlikely and unpredictable

there are plenty of high level betters who put a bit of throwaway type money on a draw for a fight like this. it's pretty common. a guy who bets a few grand on the weekend might put 50 or 100 on a draw.

i would see what the odds look like for a peterson decision, and a lucas win, but i probably wouldn't touch either if they look the way i think they will. i have not looked at the odds at all.

obviously nobody is suggesting to throw a huge amount of money on a draw, but a nice little bet, just in case, isn't a bad idea to supplement your other bets. it probably won't hit, but if it does the payout is huge. that's very basic ********.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                      there are plenty of high level betters who put a bit of throwaway type money on a draw for a fight like this. it's pretty common. a guy who bets a few grand on the weekend might put 50 or 100 on a draw.

i would see what the odds look like for a peterson decision, and a lucas win, but i probably wouldn't touch either if they look the way i think they will. i have not looked at the odds at all.

obviously nobody is suggesting to throw a huge amount of money on a draw, but a nice little bet, just in case, isn't a bad idea to supplement your other bets. it probably won't hit, but if it does the payout is huge. that's very basic ********.
                      matthysse is the favorite at -210 peterson is +175 , definitely some value in peterson seeing as this is a 50/50 fight imo...even some extra value in pederson if he comes in juiced up

Comment

Working...
                      X