Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Somehow Floyd always ends up with a very favorable ref... coincidence? -_-

Lucas seems like he studies his opponent in the ring. He explained it after the Dallas Jr fight and his team said they don't really watch tapes. Mayweather could be predictable with his right hand (like I've said before). He keeps flicking the jab while squaring up his body little by little then he finally throws it. The only problem is how quick he throws it. So if you keep moving constantly you can make him miss or make him reset and take advantage of it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    the only way you will hit floyd clean is to punch with him, and because he's a one punch at a time boxer, it makes it very difficult. if you can somehow wear him down, you might be able to sneak in some shots halfway through the fight

also, floyd's handspeed really makes it difficult to punch with him, you need excellent timing which is something Cotto has, and I'm not sure how great Lucas is (i'd wager Cotto is a more accurate puncher overall compared to Matthysse)

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      the only way you will hit floyd clean is to punch with him, and because he's a one punch at a time boxer, it makes it very difficult. if you can somehow wear him down, you might be able to sneak in some shots halfway through the fight

also, floyd's handspeed really makes it difficult to punch with him, you need excellent timing which is something Cotto has, and I'm not sure how great Lucas is (i'd wager Cotto is a more accurate puncher overall compared to Matthysse)
      You can potentially land bodyshots in the middle of the ring if you're prepared to take a shot in return, but for the most part exchanging with Floyd anywhere but against the ropes is madness. The gameplan is to push him backwards, ideally with the jab, and try get something on him when his movement is restricted. Anyone who tries to box him in the centre of the ring is an idiot.

Comment

• I can't see any way that Lucas legitimately wins rounds against Mayweather. He'll have to walk through those right hands the best he can, land his own right to the body, and try to break Mayweather down enough to catch and hurt him. Maybe rough him up in the clinch like already mentioned.

If Lucas can't catch him with a big shot, which most don't, then he won't win. Doesn't mean I won't be rooting like crazy for him to do it if they eventually fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I can't see any way that Lucas legitimately wins rounds against Mayweather. He'll have to walk through those right hands the best he can, land his own right to the body, and try to break Mayweather down enough to catch and hurt him. Maybe rough him up in the clinch like already mentioned.

If Lucas can't catch him with a big shot, which most don't, then he won't win. Doesn't mean I won't be rooting like crazy for him to do it if they eventually fight.
          Yeah, as good as Matthyse is, he doesn't have the right style to beat Mayweather. In fact, he's just the type that would fall into Mayweathers style and get beat easy. A bit wild, a bit slow, not enough skill, size or strength to really have any great effect on Mayweather over the distance or land enough big shots to hurt/drop/stop him.

I'd still like to see it just the remote possibility that he could do something, land one big shot that might lead to an interesting fight, but honestly, I can't see anything like that happening at all. I can only envisage a near shut out with Matthyse looking wild, frustrated and amateurish. I don't want to see that. As always, people think he'd get roughed up on the inside, but it always backfires on them, unless they have Castillo type inside skill, with the ability to counter off Floyd to work inside. Matthyse doesn't have that and would lose the inside fight.

I'd like to see him take on all comers with the exception of Mayweather in the next year or two.

Comment

• This saturday during the Narvaez fight, one of the journalists said he spoke to Arano, Matthysse's manager, and told him that Lucas wasn't in Mayweather's list of opponents. That GBP was planning to put Chino Maidana as a possible opponent, in case he wins his fight against Josesito. As much i like Chino, Floyd would be too much for him. I think Lucas has better chances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino View Post
              This saturday during the Narvaez fight, one of the journalists said he spoke to Arano, Matthysse's manager, and told him that Lucas wasn't in Mayweather's list of opponents. That GBP was planning to put Chino Maidana as a possible opponent, in case he wins his fight against Josesito. As much i like Chino, Floyd would be too much for him. I think Lucas has better chances.
              I don't think maidana vs Floyd happens, i just can't see it. probably be Devon or Canelo.

I would be happy for Chino though, as he would get a really nice payday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolino
                This saturday during the Narvaez fight, one of the journalists said he spoke to Arano, Matthysse's manager, and told him that Lucas wasn't in Mayweather's list of opponents. That GBP was planning to put Chino Maidana as a possible opponent, in case he wins his fight against Josesito. As much i like Chino, Floyd would be too much for him. I think Lucas has better chances.
                I just threw up in my mouth at the thought of Floyd vs Maidana. If Floyd made Guerrero look dumb imagine what he would do to Maidana. TBH I'd rather watch Floyd vs Alexander.

Comment

I just threw up in my mouth at the thought of Floyd vs Maidana. If Floyd made Guerrero look dumb imagine what he would do to Maidana. TBH I'd rather watch Floyd vs Alexander.

While Maidana has a 99% chance of losing to Floyd him getting the **** beat out of him while coming forward trying to win would be 10 times more entertaining than Floyd vs Devon which would would look like a running session and a sparring session.

Devon vs Floyd would stink out the joint, Boos after 2 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by shenmue
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

While Maidana has a 99% chance of losing to Floyd him getting the **** beat out of him while coming forward trying to win would be 10 times more entertaining than Floyd vs Devon which would would look like a running session and a sparring session.

Devon vs Floyd would stink out the joint, Boos after 2 rounds.
                    This is true but Alexander being a southpaw and quicker than Maidana would have more success.

Comment

This is true but Alexander being a southpaw and quicker than Maidana would have more success.

To be honest i don't want to see Maidana or Devon fight Floyd. Much rather Floyd fight Canelo,Garcia,Lucas.Broner,Sergio

Rather see Maidana fight RG,Khan,Ortiz,Berto,Thurman. And i would rather see Devon fight Khan,Brook,Thurman,Broner etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X