Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Some guys just depend on the ref to separate them. With Smoger you gotta take advantage of it and do some work.

Idk but I get the impression if they went shoulder to shoulder from the beginning PEDerson wouldve been blasted even earlier. Lucas put some nice combinations on the inside when PEDerson was covering up.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

I think there's no doubt about that.

What I meant was I wish Peterson took his punch better so we could see his inside game in full effect. So it could be broken down a little more.

He's already shown me glimpses of inside skills just not in full effect like I was hoping to gain from saturday.
    Who's there that can take his punch and force him to fight on the inside tho? Those guys are with Top Rank and I still think Lucas stops them. Maybe Ruslan... He's not actually with TR right?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

What I meant was I wish Peterson took his punch better so we could see his inside game in full effect. So it could be broken down a little more.

He's already shown me glimpses of inside skills just not in full effect like I was hoping to gain from saturday.
      Matthysse's inside game has yet to be displayed, before going into the Peterson fight I liked that he wasn't afraid to let off shots in close, I don't think Peterson got to test it, as you said he got blasted. Only fighter that can certainly test it, simply because his chin is up for it is Brandon Rios, a fighter who's never been bested on the inside, but that ain't happening, we know the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy
        Quote:

Originally Posted by IronDanHamza

Matthysse's inside game has yet to be displayed, before going into the Peterson fight I liked that he wasn't afraid to let off shots in close, I don't think Peterson got to test it, as you said he got blasted. Only fighter that can certainly test it, simply because his chin is up for it is Brandon Rios, a fighter who's never been bested on the inside, but that ain't happening, we know the story.
        Rios was hurt early in his career badly and has taken a lot of punishment. He would probably last longer than PEDerson but who knows how much longer really.

FYI Rios was bested on the inside by Abril as well as the outside.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Who's there that can take his punch and force him to fight on the inside tho? Those guys are with Top Rank and I still think Lucas stops them. Maybe Ruslan... He's not actually with TR right?

Not too sure. I don't think so.

That would be a great fight! I'd love to see that at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza
            Quote:

Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::.

Not too sure. I don't think so.

That would be a great fight! I'd love to see that at some point.
            I'm pretty sure I read around here that he's not with TR. If true then I think that and Maidana are the more realistic fights that could force Lucas on the inside. But Maidana doesn't like those body shots at all.

Comment

• Danny Swift Garcia ā€¸@DannySwift 17 May
              All my opponents say the same thing he's flat footed, he's wild, he's slow but they all lose!
              Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Comment

• Danny Swift Garcia ā€¸@DannySwift 19 May
                I'm the champ I don't need to call no names out, line em up and I take them down. #TeamDSG
                Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

His last tweet regarding boxing. Let's see if he keeps his word cause GB seems set on making this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Yeah he was very strong inside and I like how he wasn't just freezing when being held and was roughing him up. Too many fighters these day's settle for being tied up and just let themselves get tied up.

But I wanted to see how he was sholder to sholder with Peterson who's good on the inside.

Shame he just blasted him out
                  my thoughts exactly during the fight.

Comment

• The best part about Matthysse is that even though he's 30 years old he doesn't rely on much athleticism to win fights. They say power is the last thing to go, and it's not like he's battle worn either. Our boy is going to be with us for a while.

Comment

• I would love to see Matthysse destroy Margarito at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X