Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucas Matthysse Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Ducketts since Matthysse is a threat to a couple guys Frank wants to suck off

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
      Garcia was getting tagged cleanly by Judah and hurt badly in the last three rounds. If Matthyse hits him cleanly he's going to sleep!
      He started getting hurt when he got tired in the last 3 because in the first 9 Judah landed some good shots and garcia ate them like skittles

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
        Matthysse's chin is 'Judah counter left uppercut approved, which is good, but it's a different story when your consistently getting hit with those kinds of punches consistently, and not from a fighter who's gun shy which isn't Danny. Garcia not only looks to counter but he throws with his opponents. Don't see a reason to rule Garcia out but Matthysse continues to impress though.
        This right here

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS
          Frank Ducketts since Matthysse is a threat to a couple guys Frank wants to suck off
          How do you know he hasn't yet...?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• I always thought Lucas would maul Garcia to an early career grave because Lucas fights better in exchanges than Danny does. You take that away and Danny is an average C+ fighter.

I think Danny should cash out and fight Floyd. He has a better chance against Floyd than he does against Matthysse. It's just a matter of styles.

Comment

• Only if he catches him.....I expect Danny to actually run

Comment

• I dont think anyone hates Lucas. I think there were some posters that got too excited after the Mike dallas fight, given dallas was a replacement for hank lundy.

Others are posters that just want to criticize garcia or broner so they elevated Lucas well before he earned it.

His win saturday was impressive and there is nothing not to like. But when you see the usual suspects talking about danny will duck him, and broner and floyd are scared and will duck him, then it becomes impossible to have a rational discussion about him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pr23 View Post
                  He started getting hurt when he got tired in the last 3 because in the first 9 Judah landed some good shots and garcia ate them like skittles
                  Your comparin a way past his best Zab to Matthyse? I know your a Garcia fan but if he gets hit that cleanly by Lucas he'ss going down plain and simple.

He wouldn't be able to keep Matthyse off of him and he's not a good enough boxer to outbox him. He likes to stand and trade and punch with you, and thats a bad recipe against Matthyse.

Peterson was ssupposed to be able to outbox hime because that was one of his strong suits andrough him up inn the clinch. He wasn't able to keep Lucas off him and got man handled inn the clinch.

Comment

• Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                    I always thought Lucas would maul Garcia to an early career grave because Lucas fights better in exchanges than Danny does. You take that away and Danny is an average C+ fighter.

I think Danny should cash out and fight Floyd. He has a better chance against Floyd than he does against Matthysse. It's just a matter of styles.
                    Exactly! Garcia likes to stand in and punch with you, and thats gonna get him sparked againstt Matthyse.

Like you said it's a bad style for Danny.

Comment

• Originally posted by jai mari078 View Post
                      Your comparin a way past his best Zab to Matthyse? I know your a Garcia fan but if he gets hit that cleanly by Lucas he'ss going down plain and simple.

He wouldn't be able to keep Matthyse off of him and he's not a good enough boxer to outbox him. He likes to stand and trade and punch with you, and thats a bad recipe against Matthyse.

Peterson was ssupposed to be able to outbox hime because that was one of his strong suits andrough him up inn the clinch. He wasn't able to keep Lucas off him and got man handled inn the clinch.
                      No I'm not comparing all I did was correct you the reason he got hurt at the end by Judah was from fatigue he wasn't even flinching the first 9 rounds. Now I agree matthysse power is much more than Judah n could hurt garcia but I don't believe he can just walk through garcias punches n not be hurt especially his hook

Comment

Working...
                      X