No announcement yet.

Dwyer's Take on Rigo-Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    I remember he picked Margarito over Pacquiao.

He's alright. Wrong quite often, but he at least explains his reasoning and usually makes some amount of sense.

Honestly, I agree with this one. I think either Rigo outboxes Donaire or gets KO'd.
    He's also making a prediction on every single fight that is signed. Sure someone could wait for the bigger fights to come around 3-4 per year and nail them all. But when your making a prediction on upwards of 50 fights per year. You can expect your % to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
      He's also making a prediction on every single fight that is signed. Sure someone could wait for the bigger fights to come around 3-4 per year and nail them all. But when your making a prediction on upwards of 50 fights per year. You can expect your % to go down.
      This is true. Even the best handicappers aren't right nearly all the time. My concerns are raised, though, when the guy gets too many big fights wrong.

Comment

I guess I'm one of the few who has never watched one of this guy's videos. I see the predictions all the time, and they seem to be wrong 8 times out of 10.

Nothing strange or outlandish about picking Rigo, of course, but the reasoning people are saying he used sounds stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          There was a stretch of time a few years ago where it seemed all of his predictions were on point, then over the past couple years he's been hit and miss.

Still he usually has decent break downs or st least has interesting views.
          Yeah, he was pretty good years ago.

In the last year or so he's been more miss than hit and made absolutely outlandish statments like;

"Bute beats Froch 9 times out of 10" (After the fight)

"Devon Alexander has one of the best jabs in Boxing"

"Gavin Rees layed out the blue print to beat Adrien Broner"

And the list goes on and on and on.

He did get Pirog beating Jacobs though which I agreed with and it seemed he was the only person who agreed with my pick.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Yeah, he was pretty good years ago.

In the last year or so he's been more miss than hit and made absolutely outlandish statments like;

"Bute beats Froch 9 times out of 10" (After the fight)

"Devon Alexander has one of the best jabs in Boxing"

"Gavin Rees layed out the blue print to beat Adrien Broner"

And the list goes on and on and on.
            Or "Chad Dawson is the most talented fighter in the world"

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              Or "Chad Dawson is the most talented fighter in the world"
              I'll never understand the fascination that took place with Dawson, his mental weakness, lack of killer instinct, literally dazing off, he was never well alert in the ring...so many failed to see those issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                I'll never understand the fascination that took place with Dawson, his mental weakness, lack of killer instinct, literally dazing off, he was never well alert in the ring...so many failed to see those issues.
                And he's not even overly talented regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  And he's not even overly talented regardless.
                  That too, he literally squared up every time he threw combinations, never understood it. Calzaghe would have beaten him, I say that because there was a period in time where many felt he would beat Joe.

Comment

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                    He literally does.
                    he says guerrero mayweather is a tossup fight

Comment

He's coming from a gambling point of view. He says Rigo wins by UD or get's KO'd, I mean it doesn't take a genius to go that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X