No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Jr. Explains The Money Team Concept

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    When he came to London, the people came in mass. As in, as if a Rockstar was there.

It wasn't even promoted he would be there. He said in an Interview was Sky Sports News "If anyone wants to come and see me train tommorow I'll be at the Pea**** gym" a passing comment. I wasn't expecting a big turn out at all.

It ended up being absolutely ridiculous.

Truth be told, when he came in the gym he was very cautious and weary. He really was. Bare in mind, other than his entourage there was no security at allinside and the gym was literally packed to a state where you couldn't move and hundreds more outside who got turned away because it was well over the capacity. The Pea**** Gym isn't even a big gym in general. He didn't know if he was being greeted by fans or people coming for him

After he saw every single person in there was a fan they took the barriers down and let everyone get as close as they wanted, or that his 17 foot bouncers would allow.

Point being, he has a very big fanbase here.

If that training session was promoted at all, the turnout would have been insane.
    wearing the rival soccer teams jersey was pure genius. no way he thought of it-i'm sure schaeffer or ellerbee told him.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      When he came to London, the people came in mass. As in, as if a Rockstar was there.

It wasn't even promoted he would be there. He said in an Interview was Sky Sports News "If anyone wants to come and see me train tommorow I'll be at the Pea**** gym" a passing comment. I wasn't expecting a big turn out at all.

It ended up being absolutely ridiculous.

Truth be told, when he came in the gym he was very cautious and weary. He really was. Bare in mind, other than his entourage there was no security at allinside and the gym was literally packed to a state where you couldn't move and hundreds more outside who got turned away because it was well over the capacity. The Pea**** Gym isn't even a big gym in general. He didn't know if he was being greeted by fans or people coming for him

After he saw every single person in there was a fan they took the barriers down and let everyone get as close as they wanted, or that his 17 foot bouncers would allow.

Point being, he has a very big fanbase here.

If that training session was promoted at all, the turnout would have been insane.
      wearing the rival soccer teams jersey at the was pure genius. no way he thought of it-i'm sure schaeffer or ellerbee told him.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        wearing the rival soccer teams jersey at the was pure genius. no way he thought of it-i'm sure schaeffer or ellerbee told him.
        Nah, that was in 2007 in Manchester for the Hatton press conference.

I'm talking about when he came to London in 2009 to promote the Marquez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Oh my glob, IT WAS A JOKE. Stop being so sensitive.
          Sometimes you never know man. Wouldn't want to leave you hanging. If it was someone else I wouldn't have bothered.

Had nothing to do with sensitivity.

Comment

Fraud explaining the money train=duck n dodge as much as possible while making the most cash possible. Cash flo fo sho! EZ monay!

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              While I detest Floyd he does seem like he takes care of his fighters. Hopefully that doesn't change, I remember when Golden Boy was talking all that crap about being FOR the fighters, now look at them.
              This is just the same sort of crap, they're both Oscar's fighters. Mayweather talking like a Mafia Boss, just read what he says and think about it.....

Of all the mixed up crap....hard to decipher what he means-apart from "us Mayweathers is real good people and give everybody money".

I'd have found it easier if there's been lots of "ya know wha' 'm 'sayin'...."

Comment

Originally posted by RVABoxer View Post
                Gotta respect Floyd for giving fighters a fair cut they definitely earn it. I thought the money team was just about showing off wealth and being kinda obnoxious and flashy but good to see there's more to it
                Do you actually, really, truly, believe anything he says???

Comment

Originally posted by peter stark View Post
                  Mayflower sounds a little like the godfather talking, don't he?
                  Exactly what I thought. it was almost exactly out of all the books I've read about the Mafia, (Cosa Nostra) Black Hand etc and some of the dialogue involved. Those demi-gods handing down their "benefits"to the peasants.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Exactly what I thought. it was almost exactly out of all the books I've read about the Mafia, (Cosa Nostra) Black Hand etc and some of the dialogue involved. Those demi-gods handing down their "benefits"to the peasants.
                    mayweather really grinds you gears doesn't he?

I love it.

p.s I have been in a remote location with no tv or internet access for the last six months and im just wondering what the result of marquez v pacquiao 4 was (serious question)?

Comment

"It's no different than if you come to Las Vegas [and] you can't get a room in Las Vegas, but me and my people got the connections to get you what you want. All we feel is this, we don't want no money from you, but we only want you to just return the favor when we're in your neighborhood. That's how we work. That's how The Money Team works," Mayweather explained.

Comment

Working...
                      X