Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it OK to be a fan of Lamont?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peterson fully commits to his punches, goes all in on the body, that lead overhand right of his is unpredictable, only thing I hate is how slow he starts but he's still fun to watch. It's refreshing to watch Peterson, Rios because it gets tiring watching fighters hold simply because they don't have an inside game. Not a fan by the way, but of course you can. What I think most fighters are on is diuretics, Donaire, Chavez Jr, Ortiz at one point, Broner, I think that's the norm, not so much PEDs but that.

Comment

I'm a big fan.

Yeah he got caught cheating but he paid his dues. He hasn't received a paycheck in over a year and has a long way to go to rebuild his reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        I'm a big fan.

Yeah he got caught cheating but he paid his dues. He hasn't received a paycheck in over a year and has a long way to go to rebuild his reputation.
        Paid his dues?

Did he get suspended or did he have to turn in all his belts? What about the purse money he "earned" from the Khan fight?

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
          Paid his dues?

Did he get suspended or did he have to turn in all his belts? What about the purse money he "earned" from the Khan fight?
          He hasn't received a paycheck since December 2011. And his paycheck in his last fight was $37,500.

And commissions are corrupt and have agendas. I don't give a **** what they do.

Comment

there are things i like and things i dislike. the testosterone thing obviously being what i dislike. other than that i like just about everything though, still he did mess up huge.

let me put it this way, i think he deserves a chance to redeem himself. if he agrees to the strictest form of testing, passes it and performs in the ring in my eyes he will have done just that.

Comment

The failed drug test is obviously a black eye on his career, but I'm a fan of him.
              You already touched on it, but the connection that he has with his coach is great. Even I get motivated when I hear him talk between rounds

He's also a scrappy dude and will bring it everytime

Comment

Sure, why not? There are plenty of boxers getting caught using stuff so it's not like he is one in a million or something. Even though his story sounds a little like BS, I could see them not telling people because the doctor prescribed the treatment to him.

I've seen videos of him training and he gets pushed to the max in camp, so there could be something to the over training thing causing a lack of testosterone.

Comment

Lol reading this thread and knowing that people still hate Margarito is sickening.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. I'm a fan of Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      The guy is everything I like in a fighter - he brings it every fight, is tough, skilled, a nice guy but with a mean streak in the ring, and he has an great story behind him with the childhood he had (those moments in the Khan fight where Hunter was saying stuff to him like "Remember where you came from" were pretty amazing).

But it's hard to look past the failed drug test. There is no doubt in my mind he juiced - seriously, you're putting testosterone in your body 1 month before a fight, and you don't think you need to declare it? C'mon, son.

But then, I'm pretty sure most in the sport are juicing, he's just one of those who got caught.
                      I think it's ok..Peterson did not kill anybody or take the padding out of his gloves..But he did make a mess for himself,but he has time to somewhat right the ship..

Comment

Working...
                      X