• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Eurobum bites the dust...

Boo this anthem

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      It wasn't his promotor in the ring last night.
      Maloney hasn't been able to get David Price enough fights and rounds during the past several years.

Price has been a pro since 2008, and yet has fewer than 1/3 the rounds Tyson Fury and others have had. Wilder is fighting soft opposition, but at least he is fighting often.

When Wladimir Klitschko was knocking everybody out in an early round, he fought 14 times in 1997. Mike Tyson fought 17 times in one year when he was doing the same.

When Wlad had been a pro as long as Price, he had over 35 fights and was WBO heavyweight champion.

Price isn't as sharp as he should be because of not getting in enough rounds, he should have been able to avoid that punch yesterday.

Cus D'Amato: "Inactivity ruins a fighter"

Comment

This was a case of hype making the fighter be rushed along too quick, because price had knocked out some domestic level fighters, people were already christening him the next heavyweight king. In reality hed had a decent amateur career, but in an era when the amateur sport is so different from the professional sport and he'd only had 15 fights against limited competition. Say what you will about tony thompson but it was only 7 months ago he was fighting for the world title, while price has been facing the Harrison's and faded skeltons of the world. What happens in the career of price now relys on his team around him. Lennox, wlad, liakovich, Briggs are just some examples of recent fighters who suffered early knockouts and came back to win world titles, he's been stopped as an amateur and it didn't dent his confidence so hopefully he takes this as a lesson learnt and gets his career back on track.

Comment

I don't feel he can bounce back, he has too many flaws. Surprised he had the amateur success he did tbh

Easy for me to say, I didn't take the shot but that looked embarrassingly weak to me.

I don't think Price does many things well, hes a one trick pony with absolutely nothing in his favour but size & a decent right hand.

We don't know about his gas tank
          He has no jab, no left hook (occasionally throws it when inside)
          He throws ridiculous lead uppercuts from the outside.
          His feet are awful, very flat footed and its like they just won't react. He just has no fluidity.
          Then there is his chin or lack of

Hes a nice guy, I wish him the best but IMO he has got worse as a pro rather than made progress and I am not sure he realises his flaws/works on them. Hes only 29?, young by todays HW standards but if hes to make it back IMO he needs to get rid of whoever his trainer is for a start.

Comment

it was an equilibrium shot so yes he will be find
            he got up to quickly amateur mistake

Comment

This is the only Price fight I didn't have a cheeker £10 pound bet on him getting KO'd (I was out.)

He got KO'd a lot in the amateurs and that is always and quite obviously relevant in the the heavyweight division.

He' still good though.

Comment

Comment

This was a soft punch, nothing like the big right lewis caught. You cannot compare the two. Price had the look of a fragile guy to me.

Comment

I voted that he will never be a top heavyweight. That punch did not look like a hard punch to me. If that is all it takes to KO Price then his chin is to weak to survive fighting the best heavyweights. I think Lewis or Wlad would not have been hurt much by that punch and would not have KOed by it or even knocked down. I thought Price had a very good chance to be heavyweight champ some day before seeing Thompson KO him. His skills and punching power are good enough to be a future champion in my opinion but his chin will always keep him from beating the best heavyweights.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                      It wasn't his promotor in the ring last night. If Price was for real, he wouldn't lose to such an untrained opponent.

Of course anybody can be hit with a templeshot and perform the dance of the babygiraffes, but this was a terrible loss at a time where Thompson was the best opponent Price has ever faced. Lummox had wins over better fighters before his loss to McCall, so it was easier to regain confidence for him than it is for Price.

This was a terrible loss.
                      lol,baby giraffe imm embarassed for the guy

Comment

Working...
                      X