No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Glazkov vs. Scott Early Fight Results From New York

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeromyM View Post
    97-93 Scott, I think Glazkov won rounds 4, 5, and 10.
    this is exactly how i scored it but i could have given the 4th to scott as well. scott was impressive(get rid of the taunting)tonight & i thought glazkov would beat him. i knew scott was a slick boxer but he was a pro sparring partner & fought limited opposition up until his last few fights. i hadn't seen much of scott so i wasn't too familiar with what he was capable of. i'm disappointed in main events because they had been putting on really good events & this was the first time one of their prize assets was going to lose. it reflects poorly on them for this outcome. fighters won't be lining up to get in the ring with scott after last night's display. if he wants to get in contention he needs to target a couple regional belt holders & win their titles to gain rankings. he needs to fight his way to an eliminator or else he won't get a sniff of a title shot. chris byrd had to do the same thing.

Comment

Scott definitely won, but it was closer than BJ suggested... Probably 6 rounds to 4. You don't win fights by just surviving, you'd think after all these years Scott would realize that. You need to go out to get a win, not just play keep away. The aggressor gets the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time. Scott is a world class sparring partner, that is all. I hope the networks and pay channels continue to keep us from suffering through watching him again. Also, you'd think for all the **** he talks, taunting, starring after the bell, standing in glazkovs corner after the bell, he'd actually fight. It's all games with him. He's a PUSS, not a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
        Scott definitely won, but it was closer than BJ suggested... Probably 6 rounds to 4. You don't win fights by just surviving, you'd think after all these years Scott would realize that. You need to go out to get a win, not just play keep away. The aggressor gets the benefit of the doubt 99% of the time. Scott is a world class sparring partner, that is all. I hope the networks and pay channels continue to keep us from suffering through watching him again. Also, you'd think for all the **** he talks, taunting, starring after the bell, standing in glazkovs corner after the bell, he'd actually fight. It's all games with him. He's a PUSS, not a fighter.
        he is pretty slick & was countering lots, outlanded him, avoided punches,etc. glazkov was trying to cut off the ring but he really didn't get it done. look at his face after the fight. everytime he got him on the ropes he missed him or scott tied him up effectively. the taunting & showboating has to go but i just can't see the fight any closer then 97-93 scott. scott impressed me because i thought glazkov would win. i figured scott was brought in as a "safe" opponent but he put on a good display of skills. i can't say i like his style though. everyone sees fights differently. i find bj flores intelligent but he tends to lean more towards backing his fellow american fighters when giving commentary but i had the same scorecard. i gave glazkov rounds 4,5 & 10...flores gave glazkov rounds 5 & 10 for sure but he also gave glazkov 7 or 8. he had it 7-2 after 9 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
          Glazkov won 2 rounds @ best, I gave him only the 5th round. You say Malik was running, he was boxing, moving side to side and giving angles, and when he chose to stand still he consistently beat Glazkov to the punch. Also your perception of surviving is off, Maidana vs Khan, Alexander vs Matty, & Judah vs Matty is what I would call surviving! Like Malik said, "it was Glazkov job to cut the ring off, and make Malik fight his fight. I'm getting sick off all these so called power punchers thinking someone should just stand still and let them punch them in the face. They need to learn boxing basics 101. Watch tapes of Julio Ceasar Chavez Sr., and you'll see how to effectively apply aggression, cut of the ring, and take minimum damage while doing so. Meldrick Taylor fight is a prim example! Honestly I don't think Glazkov is that big of a puncher anyways, I think his power was a product of the class of fighters he fought. Also for you to call him a derogatory name, is uncalled for. I see your pic, I take it your a fighter or involved in the fight game and, you can't tell the difference between running and boxing? Also i think BJ flores just admires boxers and the skills as well as the sweet science. I think it has nothing to do with being american or from being from PA, reason being his scorecard is always accurate and more than have boxing experts agree with him. Like with the Ademak vs Cunnigham. The vast majority thought that was a complete robbery as was this fight!
          Last edited by Nahshon Israel; 02-24-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            he is pretty slick & was countering lots, outlanded him, avoided punches,etc. glazkov was trying to cut off the ring but he really didn't get it done. look at his face after the fight. everytime he got him on the ropes he missed him or scott tied him up effectively. the taunting & showboating has to go but i just can't see the fight any closer then 97-93 scott. scott impressed me because i thought glazkov would win. i figured scott was brought in as a "safe" opponent but he put on a good display of skills. i can't say i like his style though. everyone sees fights differently. i find bj flores intelligent but he tends to lean more towards backing his fellow american fighters when giving commentary but i had the same scorecard. i gave glazkov rounds 4,5 & 10...flores gave glazkov rounds 5 & 10 for sure but he also gave glazkov 7 or 8. he had it 7-2 after 9 rounds.
            ??????

i thought rounds 5 through 10 all could have arguably gone to either man. gave the first 4 to scott.
            Last edited by {Darko}; 02-24-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Good article on Glazkov-Scott:

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlines/nbcsn-fight-night-results-glazkov-and-scott-fight-to-draw-algieri-decisions-peralta/

by Johnny Walker

In a heavyweight fight advertised with the line “somebody’s ‘0’ has got to go,” nobody’s ‘o’ went anywhere tonight as undefeated heavyweights Vyacheslav “Czar” Glazkov of Ukraine and Malik Scott of the USA fought to an uneventful draw on NBC Sports Network’s Fight Night, broadcast from The Paramount in Huntington, NY.

With a very biased sounding commentary coming from the NBC announcers – especially color analyst BJ Flores, who seemed to decide early in the fight that Scott was going to win and win big–this bout had all the makings of becoming another one of those “controversial” decisions. And so it was, if you subscribe to the notion that what the skillfully negative Scott was doing in the ring equalled winning a fight going away.

Scott calmly strolled around the edges of the ring all night, moving side to side and backwards while landing some nice body shots and stinging jabs to be sure. But his relentlessly negative style may have not only frustrated Glazkov – who complained after the bout of Scott’s constant “running” from him all night – but also a couple of the judges, who refused to reward him excessively for it.

In truth, neither fighter exactly lit it up in there, and judge Julie Lederman’s 95-95 score seems like a reasonable way to view the fight.

Neither man was ever hurt in the bout, though Glazkov’s better punches were often ignored by the broadcast crew as they raved about the talents of Malik Scott.

As for Glazkov (14-0-1, 10 KOs), he didn’t show the imagination needed to really break the fight open: he was exposed as being somewhat one-dimensional at this point in his career. And Scott (35-0-1, 12 KOs) had zero intention of really trying to win the fight, rather than simply not lose it: his style makes the supposedly “safety first” heavyweight champion Klitschko brothers look like madman daredevils in the ring in comparison.

Aside from Lederman’s 95-95 score, one judge saw it Flores’ way with a 98-92 tally for Scott, while another saw it the way this writer did, with a 96-94 score for the more offensive-minded Glazkov.

Comment

bad decision... Glazkov looked disoriented throughout the fight, probably won 3 rounds at most.

Comment

Working...
                X