Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, Lucas gets way too much hype for real on this site. Great fighter to watch but the 2 times he's stepped up in competition he lost. Yeah you can say that he was robbed (he wasnt) but even in the Judah and Alexander fights he wasnt this destroyer y'all make him out to be and he wasnt dominanting either one of them.

He definitely deserves a title shot in 140 he's earned that, but he's not this God a lot of y'all make him out to be

Comment

Originally posted by GKMC View Post
      I agree, Lucas gets way too much hype for real on this site. Great fighter to watch but the 2 times he's stepped up in competition he lost. Yeah you can say that he was robbed (he wasnt) but even in the Judah and Alexander fights he wasnt this destroyer y'all make him out to be and he wasnt dominanting either one of them.

He definitely deserves a title shot in 140 he's earned that, but he's not this God a lot of y'all make him out to be
      The 2 times he "stepped up" as a cherry pick he beat up the cherry pickers, whose promoter then resorted to paying off the judges to rob him

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
        Matthysse is from Argentina though. Pretty far from Europe.

argentinians are just crypto-italians.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          The 2 times he "stepped up" as a cherry pick he beat up the cherry pickers, whose promoter then resorted to paying off the judges to rob him

He lost 2 close decisions so the promoter paid off the judges? If that's what you say bruh

Comment

You can argue he's overhyped by some posters on this site, many act like he's the unbeatable GOD.

But to crap all over his career the way thread starter did is just dumb.

Comment

The only hype I have heard for matthysse is that many believe hes the most dangerous fighter at 140. I havent heard any outrageous stuff from fans so I am not really sure were this is coming from.

Comment

He's a blue collar rugged fighter who doesn't get a lot of hype and I guess people relate to him

Comment

Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                  It gives the European fans someone to root for at the lower weights that is usually dominated by others. Just like Golovkin does higher up. Both real good fighters too so the fandom is warranted IMO
                  Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                  I didn't say he was European.
                  So what do you mean by 'European' if you know Argentina's not in Europe? Do you mean 'white'?

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                    Matthysse is from Argentina though. Pretty far from Europe.

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    argentinians are just crypto-italians.

Yea this guy look's Italian

Comment

Originally posted by E.P.T.
                      Yea this guy look's Italian

he looks like a mongol warlord.

Comment

Working...
                      X