No announcement yet.

WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    That sums it up . Fighters can only be defined relative to Floyd.
    Then who were you referring to with the whole "they are only fans of controversial boxers or ones who rap horribly" ?

I'll wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
      You speak of common sense but use none in your post..Bradley is getting paid over a mill to fight Prov..You believe Bradley is crying over this??

Bradley is in position to potentially fight Pac Rios or Marquez in the near future should he beat Prov..Do you believe that this is not true??

Bradley has never been anybody's tune up,his rec reflects this fact..

I don't believe you've ever been a Bradley fan..

All in all I believe Bradley's career is doing just fine..

I felt Bradley won the fight,it's how I saw things play out..If you did not fine by me hopefully they can do it again..

Now you talk about common sense can you point out where it was not applied in my post??
      Ok I agree with Bradley not wanting to fight Peterson for 2.3 mill because he didn't want to cheat his fans with a fighter he beat pretty easy. It's not his fault that the douce bag on my avatar
      Won't work with GBP. So that leaves him fighting these type of fighters because TR doesn't have a lot of opponents for Bradley to fight. Marquez is not fighting Bradley by the way it's a way better fight for Arum to sell Rios vs Marquez on PPV. You have a Mexican vs Mexican American fighter on PPV will be the next big rivalry in boxing. No way Cameron Dunkin puts both his fighters agains't each other with Rios vs Bradley. No way that happens unless it's later in the future where that fight would sell on PPV. Cameron will only do it if both his fighters can make a lot of money which is not the case right now. We could agree to disagree that cool with me. You made some good points and I made mine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
        Ok I agree with Bradley not wanting to fight Peterson for 2.3 mill because he didn't want to cheat his fans with a fighter he beat pretty easy. It's not his fault that the douce bag on my avatar
        Won't work with GBP. So that leaves him fighting these type of fighters because TR doesn't have a lot of opponents for Bradley to fight. Marquez is not fighting Bradley by the way it's a way better fight for Arum to sell Rios vs Marquez on PPV. You have a Mexican vs Mexican American fighter on PPV will be the next big rivalry in boxing. No way Cameron Dunkin puts both his fighters agains't each other with Rios vs Bradley. No way that happens unless it's later in the future where that fight would sell on PPV. Cameron will only do it if both his fighters can make a lot of money which is not the case right now. We could agree to disagree that cool with me. You made some good points and I made mine.
        I can live with that,big bro..Savvy.

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          Yeah, I corrected myself. B-Hop skill for skill is a better defensive fighter than Floyd.
          I actually collect Whitaker memorabilia haha, my fave fighter ever. He wasn't just defensive. His offense was AMAZING. He had his way with Chavez on the inside whenever he felt like it. Here is a highlight vid of him, it's ace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
            Then who were you referring to with the whole "they are only fans of controversial boxers or ones who rap horribly" ?

I'll wait.
            LOL...He said that?

It's funny how they criticize that "group of fans" yet they seek their approval so often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
              I actually collect Whitaker memorabilia haha, my fave fighter ever. He wasn't just defensive. His offense was AMAZING. He had his way with Chavez on the inside whenever he felt like it. Here is a highlight vid of him, it's ace.

Yeah, I love this highlight, AZ's the ****.

Pernell beats any WW right now. He da truth, period.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                LOL...He said that?

It's funny how they criticize that "group of fans" yet they seek their approval so often.
                Here

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                As ****m says, "If you can punch you don't need no tassels on your shorts."

Matthysse does it all in the ring, no need for any clowning outside of it. There is no 'hype' around him because he doesn't stir it up. All the respect and attention he's got, he's got it in the ring.

A lot of posters on sites like this aren't very knowledgeable though and they can't get excited about someone unless he's raps terribly, beats his wife etc.

They're not really watching for the boxing.

And somehow I'm the one bringing Floyd into this

Comment

Yeah, I love this highlight, AZ's the ****.

Pernell beats any WW right now. He da truth, period.
                  Pernell beats a lot of fighters from 130 to 147 in most eras. It's crazy.

Comment

• You guys were right. Pep is a BEAST. This is only a video of him turning opponents. I can't even imagine his whole defensive arsenal.

Edit: Time to change my avatar to Pep.

Comment

You guys were right. Pep is a BEAST. This is only a video of him turning opponents. I can't even imagine his whole defensive arsenal.

Edit: Time to change my avatar to Pep.
                      My grandpa(R.I.P. old man)told me about Pep when I was younger..Always said he was the best defensive fighter he's ever seen..I respected him because he was older,but seeing that vid was crazy..Very impressive,I'm gonna try to look up a fight if his now..

Comment

Working...
                      X