No announcement yet.

WHAT is with the matthysse hype?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
    What about Edwin Valero? No pun intended.
    So you're (not) assuming he means present tense I gather??

Comment

• [QUOTE=inITtoWINit;13074800]

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but he did damn good in those fights, and in the eyes of the fans, won those fights.

Not to mention, he was the cherry picked opponent that back fired. They won those fights, but Matthysse got more credit for his loss than their wins.
      Judah vs. Matthysse wasn't a cherry pick. It was an eliminator to face Kaizer Mabuza for a world title.

Personally I give Zab a ton of credit for stepping up, taking the fight and executing a game plan to beat the bigger, younger more powerful puncher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        It just sounded like that's what you were getting at..I do believe Matts is there to be hit, but I don't believe he does not have skill..But it just sounded like you were saying it's bad to acknowledge defense..I think you have to look at a fighter on a whole..If he does not have the best defense it is something to look at,I agree with you tho, it does not mean a fighter does not have other skills..
        I wasn't saying that at all, I was saying that there are a lot of posters who think anyone who doesn't focus on defense is a no skilled brawler. They don't acknowledge offensive skill or pretend having offensive skill means less than defensive skill.

Comment

• [QUOTE=PBP;13074828]
          Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post

Judah vs. Matthysse wasn't a cherry pick. It was an eliminator to face Kaizer Mabuza for a world title.

Personally I give Zab a ton of credit for stepping up, taking the fight and executing a game plan to beat the bigger, younger more powerful puncher.
          Touche. Yeah, I actually do give Zab props for taking the Matthysse fight. He did it, before it was cool to look bad against Matthysse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
            Just look at who he is fighting. He's not on the outside looking in r u serious? He's fighting a fighter that fights at 140 that only the hardcore fans know. Bob Arum needs to use Tim as a tune up for Pac so he can be ready for Marquez in Sept. Matthysee is the man at 140 by the way. Until Garcia fights him. Even though I got Garcia beating Matthysee if the fight.
            Wow, lol..

Ok, first outside looking in is very lucrative,Bradley will make over a mill for fighting prov..A tune up for PAC?? Dude news flash, PAC lost Bradley won't be look at as a tune up for anyone(btw you claim to be a Bradley fan,I have to say I don't believe you)..Oh btw who did Marquez fight before his third fought with PAC?? Was he on the outside looking in(oh boy) put was he just waiting for his opportunity?? But o understand you don't like Bradley so for him it's outside looking in, lol...

Garcia is the ring champion, he is the man until proven other wise..

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              argentinians are just ******-italians.

Hahaha that's funny.

I have always thought that Argentinians (or is it "Argentines"?) speak Spanish with an Italian accent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post

These guys are so wrapped up in their worship of Floyd Mayweather they can't bring themselves to acknowledge that aggressive, offensive fighters can be pretty good too.
                Originally posted by Slappin' Maxie View Post
                He is the anti-Floyd so a lot of other posters can relate to it.

That sums it up . Fighters can only be defined relative to Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                  Wow, lol..

Ok, first outside looking in is very lucrative,Bradley will make over a mill for fighting prov..A tune up for PAC?? Dude news flash, PAC lost Bradley won't be look at as a tune up for anyone(btw you claim to be a Bradley fan,I have to say I don't believe you)..Oh btw who did Marquez fight before his third fought with PAC?? Was he on the outside looking in(oh boy) put was he just waiting for his opportunity?? But o understand you don't like Bradley so for him it's outside looking in, lol...

Garcia is the ring champion, he is the man until proven other wise..
                  Damn dude put the rockstar down. I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch Lol. Marquez got the 3rd fight because of their history together you do have common sense right? Bradley didn't get the rematch with Pac because nobody wanted to see that awful one sided beat down again. Bradley would be a pretty good tune up fight for Pac so Pac can get ready to fight Marquez in September Lol. So Bradley fans like you can see him fight some one good . I was a fan of Bradley until he acted like he won the fight he clearly didn't win the fight. This is exactly where Bradley wants to be in his career after what you claim he beat Pac right. I don't care what the judges say what do you say about that decision watch you come back with no common sense Lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ringlife View Post
                    Damn dude put the rockstar down. I didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch Lol. Marquez got the 3rd fight because of their history together you do have common sense right? Bradley didn't get the rematch with Pac because nobody wanted to see that awful one sided beat down again. Bradley would be a pretty good tune up fight for Pac so Pac can get ready to fight Marquez in September Lol. So Bradley fans like you can see him fight some one good . I was a fan of Bradley until he acted like he won the fight he clearly didn't win the fight. This is exactly where Bradley wants to be in his career after what you claim he beat Pac right. I don't care what the judges say what do you say about that decision watch you come back with no common sense Lol.
                    You speak of common sense but use none in your post..Bradley is getting paid over a mill to fight Prov..You believe Bradley is crying over this??

Bradley is in position to potentially fight Pac Rios or Marquez in the near future should he beat Prov..Do you believe that this is not true??

Bradley has never been anybody's tune up,his rec reflects this fact..

I don't believe you've ever been a Bradley fan..

All in all I believe Bradley's career is doing just fine..

I felt Bradley won the fight,it's how I saw things play out..If you did not fine by me hopefully they can do it again..

Now you talk about common sense can you point out where it was not applied in my post??

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      As ****m says, "If you can punch you don't need no tassels on your shorts."

Matthysse does it all in the ring, no need for any clowning outside of it. There is no 'hype' around him because he doesn't stir it up. All the respect and attention he's got, he's got it in the ring.

A lot of posters on sites like this aren't very knowledgeable though and they can't get excited about someone unless he's raps terribly, beats his wife etc.

They're not really watching for the boxing.
                      It seems to me there have been some fairly outlandish claims being tossed around lately by a few posters that post alot and that's what I think the TS was referring to.

As usual, it's the fans not the fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X