No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
    Prize idiot. Fighting once a year and only being subject to testing for 2 months of that looks very, very suspicious.
    I think Floyd beats Manny 7 days a week and twice on Sunday no matter who's taking the PED's...That being said, I still can't take Floyd seriously with the lingering questions concerning the 3 alleged failed tests (the Tom Hauser research), and supposed silence clauses if a test came back dirty (Tim Smith/Teddy Atlas allegations). These issues have been dropped, and all but forgotten, yet never fully adressed. It makes me skeptical to say the least.

Comment

All of these dimwitted explanations about testing 365 blah, blah, blah...just STFU.

Had Manny's team just done this "ineffective" form of random testing to begin with, rather than acting like their feelings were hurt, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

It seems like NOBODY can explain why the dude never wanted to test in the first place. So all of you PED gurus just need to take a seat.

Fact is, Manny's under a lifetime contract with TR, he just got KTFO, Arum will never negotiate with GBP and Al Haymon, Floyd's gonna want more money this time around, blah blah blah.

It's funny how people try to speak up for a man who can't even speak up fro himself. Get over it. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
        For all those calling for year round testing in boxing. Its a good concept, but unrealistic and virtually impossible. Boxing doesn't have a uniformed commission. And unlike other sports, its just financially unrealistic to test fighters to that extent. As fans, we mostly only think about top level fighters. But there are thousands, if not millions of active professional boxers. And security isn't full proof if if its not the same for everyone. So to ask someone to fund this level of testing in boxing would cost billions. And its gonna be very hard to find someone, probably tax payers, to invest that type of money. Especially at the lower levels of the sport.
        I don't think it's unrealistic or impossible. It's a big project though.
        Yes, there are thousands of pro fighters but it could be implemented in the middle and upper levels of the sport. This might be a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
          All of these dimwitted explanations about testing 365 blah, blah, blah...just STFU.

Had Manny's team just done this "ineffective" form of random testing to begin with, rather than acting like their feelings were hurt, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

It seems like NOBODY can explain why the dude never wanted to test in the first place. So all of you PED gurus just need to take a seat.

Fact is, Manny's under a lifetime contract with TR, he just got KTFO, Arum will never negotiate with GBP and Al Haymon, Floyd's gonna want more money this time around, blah blah blah.

It's funny how people try to speak up for a man who can't even speak up fro himself. Get over it. Lol
          took the words right outta my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
            Fair or not, the lack of a Pacquiao fight will dog Mayweather the rest of his life. It will be the first thing people talk about when it comes to Floyd.
            The two best pound for pound fighters in the same division and they couldn't make it happen because of some promoter BS.
            Floyd is a HOF, all time great, but IMHO he missed his chance to elevate himself to that rarefied list of the Ali and Leonard type greats by not fighting Pac.
            Are you implying that in some world, Manny's on that list? lol

Comment

It's not that Floyd alone made all these fighters start doing random blood and urine testing, it's the controversy surrounding the disagreement between Pac and Floyd about the testing that started all this. Had Pac accepted, this would have been forgotten after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

So, you prefer that a fighter agree to tests that cannot guarantee find evidence of illegal substances, because "something is better than nothing," right?

Comment

Floyd....

[IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/27117345.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                    The point is, is it right or wrong?
                    It doesn't matter if it's 20 years old, the fact is this is true. And while some guys try to pretend they're clean by promoting some random tests during a training camp, i'll keep putting this on the table.
                    In comparison to some fighters who never took place in any extra testing. Even though they claimed they would. Even though VADA has said on countless occasions that USADA is the gold standard. You have a hard time excepting that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
                      "I never liked Floyd Mayweather, Jr. calling the testing that he does, "Olympic-style" testing," Conte stated, and continued, "My opinion is, it's random blood and urine testing for 8 to 10 weeks prior to a fight. That's what it is. The definition of Olympic-style testing is 24/7-365 (year-round, around the clock). It's a deterrent; any time, any place, anywhere." VICTOR CONTE

More....

In short, Mayweather's USADA testing is a confusing one, since anybody who knows how to cheat the system can beat it. Conte elaborated by differentiating the type of testing Mayweather underwent compared to a more comprehensive type of drug testing companies like VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Agency) implements.

"VADA (compared to USADA) also uses more stringent protocols, more sophisticated testing, specifically with the CIR (Carbon Isotope Ratio) testing. USADA only does this and all Olympic-type lab testing they perform if you have an elevated TE ratio of 4:1," explained Conte. VADA is also the company that tagged Lamont Peterson and Andre Berto for illegal performance enhancing drugs in their system.

"The reason I don't like that protocol is because you can, (I'm talking about baseball players who use it on a daily basis), after a game, rub on a testosterone cream and it stays in the bloodstream for 4 hours. By 8 hours, it's back down on the baseline, and after 6 hours you're below the 4:1 ratio. So guys can use it the day before and test negative. And the same thing goes on with the USADA-type testing. You can use it every single night, literally USADA can test you every single day and you can come up below 4:1, that's because it only takes you six hours to go below the 4:1 ratio," he continued.

Agree, the sport of boxing must be cleaned. But with Real Olympic Style Testing.
                      Maybe I'm wrong but I think people misunderstand this point. Wouldn't Olympic style testing in the Olympics be called "Olympic Testing". So the testing Floyd does is Olympic-style testing in the fact that it is random blood and urine testing but it is not Olympic testing. Seems pretty easy to figure out to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X