No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
    Wrong. People looked down on it for just one fighter. Its like asking Kobe Bryant or Lebron James, "you need to take these extra tests, not anyone else, but just you, so you can play". Mostly everyone, even Pac fans said, random testing is fine as long as its year round, and across the board for everyone.
    I have rarely seen people on here saying random testing year-round is needed for everyone. Rarely! It is usually geared towards one fighter. It's such a one-sided discussion people don't even think about the practicality. They don't think about the cost and how difficult it would actually be to implement. That is never really discussed. Even though this kind of thing was discussed long time ago on Boxing Scene articles, like the interview with VADA's Founder Margaret Goodman.

Like I've rarely seen people give suggestions as to HOW it can be implemented across the board in boxing. It's usually just 'oh this guy isn't doing real random testing', or 'oh this guy needs to do year round testing like Donaire', etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
      I think a guy doing random blood and urine tests for all of his fights for the past 4 years should raise no su****ions from me. Due to the fact that his results are made public record and that it doesn't take a fighter 24/7 365 of random testing to be caught using, hence Berto, Peterson, Morales etc. I also understand that Mayweather himself foots the bill for hiring of USADA which is upward of 100K, so it'd be a bit expensive to keep that up on a yearly basis, especially if his opponents aren't doing the same thing, do you get where I'm coming from? I also think it's quite foolish to raise speculation on 1 of the only fighters who participates in random blood and urine testing based off of mere uneducated conspiracy theories as many of you in the Anti Floyd Fan Club so adamantly love to indulge in. Now, I've answered your question. Answer me this, Why hasn't Pacquiao done any random testing? Why did it take him 3 years to agree to Floyd's testing demands, and why are we questioning Floyd's testing methods but refusing to look at Manny? Because let's be honest, that's what you're alluding to even if you don't want to admit it, you want us to stop questioning Manny and start questioning Floyd, the guy that actually does test.
      All the people you mentioned don't have millions of dollars sitting around to invest into doping..which is why small time fighters get caught doping..if you are making a million a fight are you going to spend 200k of that on training with Memo or Conte? I doubt it..

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        I have rarely seen people on here saying random testing year-round is needed for everyone. Rarely! It is usually geared towards one fighter. It's such a one-sided discussion people don't even think about the practicality. They don't think about the cost and how difficult it would actually be to implement. That is never really discussed. Even though this kind of thing was discussed long time ago on Boxing Scene articles, like the interview with VADA's Founder Margaret Goodman.

Like I've rarely seen people give suggestions as to HOW it can be implemented across the board in boxing.

Then don't talk about what you don't know. You can't even understand what random testing is.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominiBox View Post
          ^This right here!!
          tHE issue comes in dat mayweather is not conte!!!!!! Mayweather should not have to pay for say ortiz or guerrero to be tested all year...... Thats the problem you guys seem not to understand....

Its evident Floyd doesnt know anything about the science behind testing, which further proves he really just wants a level playing field...

In essence whether you like it or not the two biggest names in boxing could have really changed things, but now that one of them has been knocked out cold in devastating fashion, now testing is needed screams his camp...

Stop tryin to blame Floyd, you guys are a trip, this is simply a lazy ass commission that isnt unified in any facet not caring about its combatants!!!!!

PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!!

Floyd cannot be expected to in one breath test year around, when that would do nothing if the rest arent!!!!!!!! The guy screamin people are cheatin and we all know hes right gains nothing if he tests year round and no one else really does.

Dont bring up donaire either as he must test because hes working with the devil himself in conte..... Its like workin in a lab unsupervised around illegal drugs, one would think the company would have testing to ensure its employees are using drugs.....

Donaire if he was not testing would be very suspect and some even think its possible conte could still be beating the tests he created lol

UNDERSTAND????

Floyd brought up the issues of drug usage in boxing........ And his detractors now are actin like its his fault!!!!! He doesnt know about what it really would take to get testin really in sports year round... We all know its money, but the real problem is too many separate state commissions... You dont even have to really do extensive testing in none of the athletic state commissions....

They need to come under x1 unified banner which would pool their resources......

Comment

• a "crucial" knockout, Floyd?

Comment

• ColdCa$hCanelo is a *****

How the dumbass gonna make a thread about year around testing like he's with Floyd 24/7

Kids smh

Comment

Actually, they do know when they will be coming. During training camp. What about the other months of the year? Do they not exist in boxing like they do in the Olympics?

Thats why its called Olympic "style". Because its not actually random.
                Nice try, but after my comma I specifically said they only know the potential start date and end date. So no, outside of that, they have no idea when they are coming. Good try though.

It is random, but it's not the most effective random test.

Comment

Then don't talk about what you don't know. You can't even understand what random testing is.
                  I know what random testing is, but I'm not silly enough to try and re-write the definitions just because one random test is less effective than another random test.

Comment

• People can be so damned naive..Memo admitted to the government he doped up athletes who never failed a single olympic level test but folks here actually think Vada and USADA are going to catch big named fighters who can afford premium PED's..if the Olympics couldn't catch em how is boxing going to stop it..you could test guys til you run out of blood to test and you will not change a damn thing.

Comment

• Random testing for two months. LOL. And the boxers don't know when they're going to get tested. Haha... They must be ****** not to know. LOL. These fans of Floyd are a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X