No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather on PED Testing, Says Pacquiao Finally Learned

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    You know damned well the answer is that boxing is better with this training camp random testing than without. Only a fool would try to suggest otherwise just to prove a point no matter how nonsensical it is. Not only that, but the PED issue has gotten way more attention than ever before. USADA cannot stop a fight from happening, nor can VADA. You know this already though.

As I told you before, both USADA and VADA have made mistakes. In my opinion, the mistakes is more due to inexperience with testing in boxing than corruption. VADA suffered from similar 'shady' contracts, where the fighter had A LOT of power over who got to see the results, positive or negative. VADA's scandal with the Peterson case was never discussed by Conte nor any of these biased journalists. Interestingly enough, after that VADA mishap, they have now reduced the power a fighter has over the testing results. Their contracts have been re-written! It's yet another fact you'll never see any of these pseudo Conte influenced journalists discuss. Because of VADAs past mistakes, they are now more transparent than before. Good for VADA, they are learning from their mistakes. USADA will too. At least we can hope so.
    Based on what? Its not random and never has been. Its like saying an employer has a random drug testing policy and they tell their employees they are going to test between the months of May through June.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
      First I'd like to point out that that was an awful analogy, secondly Floyd never refused any year round testing, as he's never been presented with that offer and I doubt he's even considered it. All of you in this thread at one point told Floyd to let the commission do their job. Now you guy's are clamoring for Floyd and Floyd only (as none of you has stated for any other fighter to undergo this process) must do 24/7 365 random testing, just admit that the man can do no right in your eye's so that we can somehow understand that there's a method to your madness.
      When did I ever say that? I have always said commision testing as it was wasnt working, but no more useless than 2 months out of twelve with the fighter selecting when that 2 month period would take place.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
        Based on what? Its not random and never has been. Its like saying an employer has a random drug testing policy and they tell their employees they are going to test between the months of May through June.
        Only a fool would think otherwise. I guess you would rather NOT have random testing. Random testing which tests for EPO, HGH, etc -- all of which isn't done with the Commission testing! Only fools would try to come back with the opinion you just posted.

Is the testing flawed? Sure, it has it's flaws. But if you really want to get technical, year-round testing has it's flaws too. Testing period has it's flaws, as it can be beaten anyway.

Comment

Only a fool would think otherwise. I guess you would rather NOT have random testing. Random testing which tests for EPO, HGH, etc -- all of which isn't done with the Commission testing! Only fools would try to come back with the opinion you just posted.
          Explain how its random when the combatants know when the tests will be administered.

Its not. Random testing is year round. Not just when you choose it to be. For all we know, you could be doping in the months you aren't getting tested. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp for you simple people? Its not better, and its not a deterrent.

Comment

Is the testing flawed? Sure, it has it's flaws. But if you really want to get technical, year-round testing has it's flaws too. Testing period has it's flaws, as it can be beaten anyway.
            While I agree with you I will say that they will never catch a top dog doping..only fighters without enough bank to afford the undetectables. How many tests have Memo's beaten at an olympic level..infact no heredia athlete has ever failed a test yet they've gone to prison for doping because he gave them up only. While yes testing goes a long way it'll only work on guys who don't have the connections or the bank to get the good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              ahahaahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha you are an idiot!
              Is there going to come a point when you wake up and concede that a fighter choosing the two months of the year he is tested looks ridiculous if regarding that as an effective way to prove he is a 'clean' fighter'......or are you just going to carry on being a twat?

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
                Explain how its random when the combatants know when the tests will be administered.

Its not. Random testing is year round. Not just when you choose it to be. For all we know, you could be doping in the months you aren't getting tested. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp for you simple people? Its not better, and its not a deterrent.
                Random testing is random testing, even if it's for a certain period of time, since the time when you will be tested is unknown. You only know the potential start time and the potential end time.

Now is the training camp random testing the best thing? No! But it is far better than what is presently done with the Commission. Not just that, but the substances they test for is far greater. Random testing during the training camp is better than NOT doing it whatsoever, especially considering the Commission test doesn't test for MANY things that VADA and USADA test for.

Comment

• 21 pages....... im out

Comment

Random testing is random testing, even if it's for a certain period of time, since the time when you will be tested is unknown. You only know the potential start time and the potential end time.

Now is the training camp random testing the best thing? No! But it is far better than what is presently done with the Commission. Not just that, but the substances they test for is far greater. Random testing during the training camp is better than NOT doing it whatsoever, especially considering the Commission test doesn't test for MANY things that VADA and USADA test for.
                    and that leaves 8-10 other months to juice, so it renders your version of random testing useless.

If your version is random testing, why do Olympians not just test when they are competing? Why do they go year round?

Because its the most effective way kid.

And no, its not far better. Its the same deal.

Comment

• let the commission do its job!!!

let the commission do its job!!! "team pac"

Comment

Working...
                      X