Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nonito Donaire Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigoooo...Rigoooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      i just hope rigondeaux doesn't retire or go onto become damaged goods after donaire, or else in retrospect it'll just be "that rigo guy never even beat anyone" "wow, he beat a guy with 10 fights, that deserves credit why?" "man, look at audley harrison, the am's and pro's are completely different" etc
      I have to say, you have a point. If Donaire scores an early knockout, or an otherwise easy victory, people will soon forget the respect Rigondeaux had leading up to the fight. It is what it is.

As for gold medallists busting as pros, it happens. However, as I've said before, it's like having a college education. It doesn't guarantee a good job, but it certainly goes a long way.

Comment

• Originally posted by *ANGRY CUBAN* View Post
        Rigoooo...Rigoooooo
        Casi, casi, bro. Nos vemos el Sabado!

Comment

• If Donaire wins I will give him massive credit. I don't care about Rigondeaux lacking in pro experience. I think its as clear as day Rigondeaux is highly skilled and is stylistically a very difficult fight for anybody around that weight.

People say in the pro's its different and damn right it is but Rigondeaux has pretty much had a pro style since his amateur days. Hes been the full 12, twice. Hes got a ridiculous ring I.Q & been a pro now for almost 4 years.

If Donaire wins he deserves nothing but massive respect. Rigo is #2, hes a world champion and has some serious skills.

I think Donaire downplaying his pro experience is more about mind games than anything else, trying to get a psychological edge, he knows how difficult this task is and how much this fight means.

Comment

• I see hard counters to the body, straight lefts, and Rigo's 2-1 combo landing as long as Donaire can take it. Since I've never seen him badly hurt, my prediction is that he'll last 12 but drop a UD. 9-3 in rounds or something like that. A thorough schooling, but Rigondeaux will have to make it through a couple of scary moments.

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
              I see hard counters to the body, straight lefts, and Rigo's 2-1 combo landing as long as Donaire can take it. Since I've never seen him badly hurt, my prediction is that he'll last 12 but drop a UD. 9-3 in rounds or something like that. A thorough schooling, but Rigondeaux will have to make it through a couple of scary moments.
              Nice. I hope it is so.

I'm not worried about Rigo's chin. I've come to believe the concerns are overdone. I expect Guille to fight smart, not allowing himself to become complacent, and defend actively by counterpunching at every opportunity.

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Nice. I hope it is so.

I'm not worried about Rigo's chin. I've come to believe the concerns are overdone. I expect Guille to fight smart, not allowing himself to become complacent, and defend actively by counterpunching at every opportunity.
                I'm jealous you get to see this live! I can't recall a fight that I've anticipated at this level in forever. I look forward to your first hand observations after it's all said.

Comment

• rigo's skills is getting overrated in here. people are confusing his defensive and cautious style with skills. don't get me wrong, he is a skilled fighter but not as much as he is being projected by his fans. he hasn't even fought at a high level and he already struggled a couple of times. what happens when he steps up his competition? we will see in this fight and i have no problem giving him massive credits if he wins. can't give him props though for something he hasn't done.

when you're that defensive and cautious, it gives the impression that you are more skilled than what you really are because you don't get hit a lot and your accuracy is higher as you throw less punches while waiting for the right opening. you don't want to lead and force your opponent to be a little reckless. that's style more than skills.

if donaire has that kind of style and boxing mentality he will be harder to beat and will be viewed as a better skilled fighter than what we've already seen in him. in fact, donaire only showed vulnerability and susceptibility of getting hit when he gets more offensive or when he gets impatient inside the ring. but when he doesn't have to lead and just stick to counterpunching he was spectacular.

if rigo would take risks and be a little offensive like what donaire is doing, he will get hit more too and his skills will not be able to save him. and with his suspect chin, he might've been already ktfo. but he never will take more risks because unlike donaire, rigo doesn't care getting booed just like when he fought cordoba. he was wildly booed but he kept running still. when donaire was booed against narvaez, he was disappointed although he wasn't really the one who made the fight boring. i just hope rigo will not shell up like what narvaez did. fukk him if he does after all his trash talks.
                  Last edited by brick wall; 04-08-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    I'm jealous you get to see this live! I can't recall a fight that I've anticipated at this level in forever. I look forward to your first hand observations after it's all said.
                    Thanks. You'll be hearing them from a few of us. There are quite a few Boxingscene members attending the fight. Sorry you're not one of them, man.

Comment

• Something I noticed about Rigondeaux's defense.. He doesn't do as well if you pressure him.

His defense is almost flawless if you fight his fight and only throw 1 or 2 punches at a time, but if you throw combinations and follow through with your offense, then he has no answers because he's not as good on the inside as say Mayweather, and all he can do is use his legs.

The only guy i've seen apply pressure on Rigo was Cordoba, and Rigo ran the entire second half of that fight.

Rigondeaux has never fought anyone who can dish out as much pain as Donaire, and I hope Donaire comes to put the hurt on Rigo.. show him the difference between proffessional prizefighting and the amatuers.

4 more days.

Comment

Working...
                      X